Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL BB - Router not picking up DHCP address.

Options
  • 06-10-2006 11:57pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A linksys befsr11 won't pick up DHCP settings from NTL broadband.
    Other devices get addresses, and the Linksys will pick up an address off other DHCP server devices. Have tried changing the WAN MAC to one of the ones that got an IP earlier. I've flashed the BIOS too. 1.39.1 to 1.46.02 too.

Works if I put in static details, but that won't work for long :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

sorry But i dont get ya?

shouldn't the lynxsys be giving out ip s (using DHCP) as its the router! What you mean it wont pick up?

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

he's saying the Router isnt receiving the NTL IP, Gateway and DNS addresses from the NTL DHCP Server. The router has its own DHCP server for allcoating to the LAN side, but it retrieves WAN Info from NTL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i assume you've hard reset the modem?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

sorry peps - thought I'd deleted the thread :o

It worked when I moved the router so it used a 1m cable into the NTL box instead of a 20m one :rolleyes:

As for the hard reset - I'm still not 100% convinced that holding in the reset button for 10 seconds worked, but I did flash the BIOS ( including two failed flashs ) so probably got a reset somewhere along the line

/OT
    can the NTL router do NAT ?
    Model E08C007

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

sorry peps - thought I'd deleted the thread :o

It worked when I moved the router so it used a 1m cable into the NTL box instead of a 20m one :rolleyes:

As for the hard reset - I'm still not 100% convinced that holding in the reset button for 10 seconds worked, but I did flash the BIOS ( including two failed flashs ) so probably got a reset somewhere along the line

/OT
    can the NTL router do NAT ?
    Model E08C007

Seeing as Cat5 is rated up to 100m, it's more likely a reset was the answer. Still could have been dodgy cable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement