Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new bearded dragon

Options
  • 07-10-2006 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

hi guys and girls

its been a while how are we all doin

anyway i have decided to go get a beardie and have one ordered from boredwalk pets he is getting a viv ready for me its 4 foot by 2 foot have done a lot of reading up and have gone in and handle some adults and must say i have fallin head over heels with these animals one question i have is would this viv be big enough for two beardies cos im thinking i might just go ahead and get two

anyone with any advice?

fay how are u and all the dogs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

You should ask Thomas in Boardwalk if the viv will be big enough, he wont steer you wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Hiya Tony,

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh your first beardie YAY they are FAB FAB FAB little dudes.

The dogs are fine - have a new one a little puppy rottie called Clay hes 8 weeks old :D

How are the creepy spiders?? I plan to get 2 for the shop - these would be our pets *shudders at the thought* so I will probably bug you for some advice on which ones would be the best - i.e. lively & interesting etc.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Tony a 4x2 would be fine for 2 Beardies--I keep 2(1 Beardie and a Sudan plated) in a 3x2 and theyre thriving.

Advice--Make sure you get those temps right before you put the beardies in.
    110-115f Hotspot directly under the lamp--I use a dimmer switch wired into the heat lamp to adjust the heat.
    Dont buy those "Reptile heat bulbs"--Big rip off,all they are is ordinary spot lamp bulbs and depending on the height of your viv you`ll probably get away with a 40watt or a 60 watt.

Another thing Ive also found useless is those compact uvb bulbs(look like the energy saver bulbs).They dont seem to last as long as your ordinary fluorescent or give as much coverage in the cage.Get a 10% UVB one if you can.
    Hope this helps.
    Richie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭tonym

hey guys

its great to be back on boards

fayi would be glad to be of any help is the shop sorted yet or are u and the hubbie still trying to get it sorted.

i went to reptile village in gorwan afew weeks ago its a good place just to see animals its like a reptile zoo lots of excotic animals that is where i fel in love with thw beardie his name is spike and the guy there will let u hold him and all they have such excotics as a spitting cobra, crocks, spiders, a huge iguana house, and even have thier own breading program going u can get some great advice on reptiles.

richie thanks for that everything you siad thomas has already siad to meso im thinkin he is right

sadly i lost on of my spiders during molt mr blue fangs died about 6 weeks ago i was sad to loose such a nice spider but thats nature the rest are triving and getting bigger day by day i got a lovely zebra knee very placid and loves to be handle and he is huge

so thanks all

i picked out my new beardie today to be collected on monday i was holding him today in the shop he is a bit of a cool little chap he is so easy to handle and very very friendley thomas is going to get his viv ready for me and all so all i have to do is bring it home and plug in i cant wait i pent ages in the shop today picking one out i really cant wait im like a big child here have a place in my room cleared and ready for the viv so now im lookin for names any ideas

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

amadeus it is folks what u think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

I think amadeus is a great name, best of luck with him!

eveyone meet amadeus he is so cute its unreal
    DSC00045.JPG

DSC00051.JPG

Advertisement