Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bismaka Nahya (In Thy name, we live)

• 07-10-2006 9:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Al Salam Alaykom (peace be upon you)

These days in Ramadan, Amr Khaled is presenting a program on Iqraa TV called "Bismaka nahya" (In Thy name, we live). It's really an excellent program. In each show, he takes one (or more) of God's names and talks about how we can try and know God more through this name and try to live with this understanding. I'm really enjoying it myself.

You can find translated text of each episode into english here. The text is a day or two behind the show. Unfortunately, the translated text doesn't really come across the same way.

For those who can receive Iqraa on their satellite TV, the times are:
    8:30 pm GMT (Arabic only)
    3:30 am GMT (Arabic with English subtitles)

These days, GMT is 1 hour behind Irish time until Ireland puts its clock back so until then, the times will be 9:30 pm and 4:30 am.

You can also watch the shows by using Amr Khaled's website here. The text is in Arabic so if you can't read Arabic (or your browser can't read it) then try this link and let me know if it works for you. Unfortuantely, the quality is pretty low (20 kbps) so the sound and picture isn't very good. This makes reading the subtitles very awkward. If anyone wants, I can put a post with all the direct links to each show here.

Another way to watch the show would be to watch a live stream of Iqraa TV using [url=rtsp://us.nbn.nilehelpdesk.com/broadcast/iqraa/iqraa.smil]this[/url] link at the times mentioned above. You'll need realplayer. Just tested this now and it seems to be working very well on a 256 kbps connection. It's only a few seconds behind the satellite signal and the quality is much better than the streaming on Amr Khaled's site. There's no guarentees when Amr Khaled is on because the congestion might be too high.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭the_new_mr

Tried watching it on the net there last night and found that there wasn't too much congestion at the repeat time. Anyone here watching this series?

Advertisement