Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where are boards.ie members buying there games now

Options
  • 07-10-2006 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭

since play.com messed all of us about

im moving to another online retailer but who

im consider cd wow but last time im used them,they have slowing shipping

any other retailers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

{(-_-)}HeadShoT**

Boo yeh! Headshot man, headshot!
    Couldn't resist...
    since play.com messed all of us about

im moving to another online retailer but who

im consider cd wow but last time im used them,they have slowing shipping

any other retailers

Couldn't tell ya, never buy online, but Amazon FTW so I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

DarthWraak wrote:
    Boo yeh! Headshot man, headshot!
    Couldn't resist...
    thats why im called headshot because i always get headshots ;)

and thanks for mentioning amazon forgot all about them

play-asia.com
    videogamesplus.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

yea videogamesplus are really fast for delivery, even though its by air mail it usually takes 3 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

play-asia are great for the region free games but delivery takes around 10 days or more , vgp are getting some good things said about them but they are more expensive than play-asia by a fair bit on some of there games but you will have your game in around 3 days .

play.com have reduced there euro price and have a god deal on games from time to time .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Clover wrote:

play.com have reduced there euro price and have a god deal on games from time to time .
    just noticed that hmm i may stick with play.com since i receive my games with in 4-5 days so its not that bad

can any one tell me whats cd wow shipping like
    how long untill do you receive your game ?

You'd be looking at the same time frame for delivery from CDwow as you would play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I'm sticking with Play as I never had anything but **** from cd-wow, they'd consistently email me with every order I made saying the dispatch date had been put back 1/2/3 weeks, even for games that had been out for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

steam ? :) last 3 orders have all been off there, nothing like instant order fufillment...

steam ? :) last 3 orders have all been off there, nothing like instant order fufillment...

Id like to see more applications like steam that allow the purchase and download of a game into your account. Direct2Drive is just as good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Conar

Play-Asia is good.
    Does take a while to get here but hey, so does Christmas!

Conar, maybe you should take a look here before you get told off...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Conar

Cheers Darth.....changed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

ehhhh can i ask what happened with play.com??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

DarthWraak wrote:

Couldn't tell ya, never buy online, but Amazon FTW so I hear.

where did you hear that? last time i ordered from them shipping to ireland was expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

ehhhh can i ask what happened with play.com??
    Its cheaper to order game from them in sterling and use the CC company exchange rates than it was to order in euro from them, but recently they made it so you can only order in euro from them outside the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

game.co.uk ?

Ordered Copmany Of Heroes from them and it arrived in half the time of my last play.com order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I work in a game shop so i just buy em there at a lovely discount! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

On the cdwow front, I ordered a game last Wednesday, they sent it out Thursday and it arrived yesterday. I think that's the shortest time I've ever waited for anything I've ordered online. Plus there's a €2 off coupon that you can find in the Bargain Alerts thread (or is that the gaming bargains one...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

I found the play prices in euro's to be resonable. For example New Super Mario Bros is 37 euro using XE.com to convert from sterling and the price play have in euro is 37.49.

For free delivery that's quite good. I mean Amazon has it for the same price (24.99 sterling) but you have to add another 1.49 (2.20 euro) to the price and 99p (about 1.40 euro) for each video game after that and they don't always send everything as one order when you tell them to :/ bastards.

I'd consider ordering off HMV.co.uk as they have a loyalty points scheme that would off set their cost of postage, although they say they'll charge our rate of VAT if the item is over 18 euro. Other than that I'd go for CDwow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I work in a game shop so i just buy em there at a lovely discount! :D
    Ditto :D

I know it only applies to PC games, but take a look..

http://www.direct2drive.com

They do movies and TV shows aswell. Looks the job.

Ive been looking for a boxed planetside aftershock for a good price. The only thing I found was cd wow. They have it for €55, without the expansion. This is bull. I know I wont be getting my cd and box, but D2D have it up for €15.90.

Oh and if anyone sees Planetside Aftershock boxed in a shop somewhere, give me a shout ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Slurms wrote:
    Ditto :D

Thirded. Hooray for discounts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

www.blahdvd.com aren't bad either. Pretty similar to cd-wow

Advertisement