Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

autocad

Options
  • 07-10-2006 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

ok my bro need a pc for multiy tasking on autocad was wondering would i need a good gpu.am aming around the the cheap core duo and a cheap mobo and ram.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

i dont believe you need much of a gpu for auto cad at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Integrated graphics is good enough for autocad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

so is all you need for auto cad is cpu processing.

Yep, I've not used the new autocad tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

A decent dual core CPU and plenty of RAM should make a good autocad machine.

• Advertisement

what you think of this = http://www.komplett.ie/k/shoplist.asp?mode=edit&ShoppingListId=389185

should be enough and only around 1000k without vat and oh may be missing some thing done it in like 5 min.

Your link is dead m8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

dead too, you dont need a super duper pc for auto cad 500 euro will go a long way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Agree high spec machine is unnecessary. Use AutoCad at work and it works fine on any machine, all with normal integrated graphics cards. Plenty of ram is helpful if you are working on big files. Nicest of all is the biggest screen you can afford - it really is a help to fit as much on the screen at the time to save zooming and panning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Having a big monitor is also useful.

i put in A 19" widescreen

Advertisement