Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

• Registered Users Posts: 21,349 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

JC2K3 wrote:
    I heard EODM got kicked off the tour for being shíte....

Ya see, theres contrasting opinions of this. Yes, Axl did say it'd be there last show supporting them, but when EODM heard this, they said they quit. Just goes with whichever story ya want to believe really. Then again, most support bands arent great for various reasons, but it would only be Axl to want them off the tour.

I just cant take GNR seriously anymore, all this release speculation. Id go with Het-Field on this one, just milking more money out of people by now.

Motley Crue, why should EODM never have been on it in the first place? Im sure at their own gigs, sound would be better, crowd more up for it. Ya never really get gigs where the crowd suits the support band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Mushy wrote:
    I just cant take GNR seriously anymore, all this release speculation. Id go with Het-Field on this one, just milking more money out of people by now.
    Saying they're milking money out of people isn't really fair. If there were no new songs, CD wasn't suppposedly coming out and Axl simply hired session musicians to go on tour with him to play the old songs again I'd still have gone to the concert.

The fact is, despite the hyping up CD, Axl and the new GNR are still on tour, Axl's voice is sounding really good and, while not a patch on the original GNR, for fans who never got the chance to see GNR back in the day it's a very enjoyable show.

The annoying this is I really like the leaked songs and would love to hear the whole album....

Mushy wrote:
    Motley Crue, why should EODM never have been on it in the first place? Im sure at their own gigs, sound would be better, crowd more up for it. Ya never really get gigs where the crowd suits the support band

True, but most times it will be somebody who has either the potential (in the case of an up and coming act) or the ability (in the case of an established act) to prepare the crowd for a band like GNR. Im sure at their own gigs the sound would have been better, but they shouldnt have toured with GNR for two main reasons, and whichever side you take you cant really argue with them

1. EODM fans and GNR fans are very different, and even in terms of sub-culture EODM would have been inspired in a lot of ways by Grunge esque type bands (REM, Nirvana, Soundgarden, QOTSA) while GNR would have been inspired by Hair Metal/Punk/Glam type bands
    2. EODM are too established to sit in the shadow of GNR, and it was a ticking time bomb waiting to go off

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Oeneus wrote:
    OK. As much as I love Slash and the others, and I think Scott Weiland is a bloody good frontman, they really haven't impressed me as much as Axl has with this new effort.

I went to Download this year, and the show that was put on completely crapped all over Velvet Revolver. Axl's new band is outstanding. And Bumblefoot is in many ways, much cooler than Slash.

I don't know whether it's just that my musical tastes have changed over the years, but what I've heard from Chinese Democracy so far, the whole thing just feels incredibly fresh. I for one am quite pleasantly surprised at how impressive this album is turning out.

Thats pure crap, there's no way Bumblefoot is way cooler than slash, thats the biggest load of bulls*** i've heard, i never heard of Bumblefoot till he joined Guns n Roses, if anyone would be as cooler as Slash it would be Zack Wylde (Who couldn't stand working with Axl and his Alter Ego in CD's early days) and John-5 who both have managed to work with some gr8 artist's, As far as i remember at the RDS no body had any interest in any of his solo's as the crowd were louder that his axe!, this guy is a good guitar player but not as cool as slash, Slash as achieved so much, if fact Bumblefoot has achieved nothing, Slash was a grammy nominee for the Godfather love song!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

hyn-zie wrote:
    Thats pure crap, there's no way Bumblefoot is way cooler than slash, thats the biggest load of bulls*** i've heard, i never heard of Bumblefoot till he joined Guns n Roses

eh,im sure alot of poeple said that about slash when comparing him to other guiter legends when he first came about....comparisions with jimmy page,brian may et.

hyn-zie wrote:
    Thats pure crap, there's no way Bumblefoot is way cooler than slash, thats the biggest load of bulls*** i've heard, i never heard of Bumblefoot till he joined Guns n Roses, if anyone would be as cooler as Slash it would be Zack Wylde (Who couldn't stand working with Axl and his Alter Ego in CD's early days) and John-5 who both have managed to work with some gr8 artist's, As far as i remember at the RDS no body had any interest in any of his solo's as the crowd were louder that his axe!, this guy is a good guitar player but not as cool as slash, Slash as achieved so much, if fact Bumblefoot has achieved nothing, Slash was a grammy nominee for the Godfather love song!!!
    Retarded much?

If you're going to argue about something, argue about something worthwhile and make your argument coherent and logical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

TBH fair play to you guys for still waiting, I got impatient and gave up months ago.. although I'd probably still buy it if it ever comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Check www.gunsnroses.com, NOW!!

It seems that Merck was making up those dates as he went along......? He seemed to be ****ing with Axl.....?

There is a new statement from Axl which says that they've set a "tentative" release date of March 6th 2007. At least it's a definite release date.....?

• Advertisement

And another "tentative" release date. Although it does match reports that I heard that it was coming out around February

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

its not a definite date
    tentative does not equal definite, in fact it means hopefully! which means don't hold your breath, if they don't release soon they'll waste a lot of momentum from the live shows, sure it'll still sell, but they should be wanting world domination, number one in every country and thats not gonna happen if the album is just limped out onto the market, they should get more hardcore with the Record Company

At least the f**ker FINALLY spoke!? AND he's gotten rid of Merck, who was f**kin' with us all along....?

Who cares if it's a "tentative" date?? I'd say it'll be out by the summer at the latest.....?

Mushy wrote:
    And another "tentative" release date. Although it does match reports that I heard that it was coming out around February
    Dude, Axl said it, it's not a rumour like EVERY other date that has been speculated about.(such as the bullshít "reports" you've heard about it coming out around Feb)

Another tentative release date? Try FIRST tentative release date ever announced officially.

Yep. It's an OFFICIAL date from Axl himself. So save your bitching until AFTER March 6th - if it doesn't come out by then.....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Nightrain

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Dude, Axl said it, it's not a rumour like EVERY other date that has been speculated about.(such as the bullshít "reports" you've heard about it coming out around Feb)

Another tentative release date? Try FIRST tentative release date ever announced officially.

Exactly axl has always said the words "soon" or this "year". At least we have something to focus on. March 6th. So i could be listening to CD by paddys day.

Merck has just issued a statement regarding his side of the affair, basically I think he'd just trying to paint a good picture, despite the fact hes gone for good now

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=63868

Apparently he claims the album was supposed to come out several times during the year, but was delayed constantly, and when Axl did get the production work done there were more setbacks. he said they were waiting for the 'muse' to come but I assume hes speaking about some second wind, and if they were waiting for that, I can see why theyre still waiting. Axl has had a europhic year in terms of comebacks and I cant see it getting any better next year unless he releases the bloody album!

I think Merck was just kissin' Axl's arse lookin' for credit for "Chinese Democracy"?? All he seemed to do was f**k with Axl???

I can't wait to read the liner notes for Chines Democracy!! Remember the "F**k You, St Louis" quote in the liner notes of UYI?? Well this time I predict there'll be a "F**k you, Merck" quote!!??

JC2K3. actually yes, first tentative release date. Just dont hold your breath, it is tentative, doesnt mean definate

It's better than silence.

• Advertisement

Sure is!!! I think if he fails to release it this time round, his career is down the ****ter!!

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.vegaspopular.com/media/2007/01/axl-rose-playboy-bunnies.jpg?1167765733594

A picture of Axl on New Years Eve with the Playboy Bunnies (dont worry mods, no nude content). Either this picture is fake, or theres something up with that mans eyes, jesus they just jump out at you....I dunno...see what you think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Went to see them during the summer and I was impressed, Axl sound as good as ever and the new guys can play the songs pretty well.

www.play.com now have "Chinese Democracy" available for pre-order, with a release date of March 5th, so it must be going to happen this time.....? If it doesn't, Axl should forget about Gn'R?? BUT, knowing his ego, he'll probably keep 'em going until he croaks it!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

I think it is actually going to happen this time... Even though is has been said every year for the last few, but I think this is the year for it! Ah personally, I'm looking forward to hearing it...

In fairness 2006 was the first time you could ever be confident about CD coming out. Anything before that was baseless rumours.

I'd be pretty confident that it'll be out March 6th.

It's a pity the 2002 tour went so badly and that Axl wasn't such a scapegoat for GNR breaking up, otherwise there wouldn't be such negative attitudes towards him and people would take this more seriously.

This band not being called GNR would solve so many problems though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

That's true. Some people see it as him being at fault for GnR's breakup yet he gets to keep the name. Seems kinda unfair. But so much time has passed now that it's mostly been forgotten about. 2006 done a lot to restore things in his favour: a successful tour, no rants against former members, a reunion with Izzy, he seemed happy throughout, the band sounding much better than 2002, etc. The album coming out would have capped that off amazingly.

The gigs cancelled in January to finish the album suggest he is serious this time. It's unthinkable he would just disappear again, but in the world of Axl Rose, who knows? He said eight weeks are required once the album is handed over to the record company so the album should be finished in next few days. I think it genuinely will happen this time but maybe a couple of weeks after March 6th.

The reason why he(Axl) still uses the name Guns N'Roses, is because he forced the rest of the band to sign over the rights to the name in the late 80's/early 90's. So, he owns the copyright to the name, and can do whatever he wants with it.

The reason why he(Axl) still uses the name Guns N'Roses, is because he forced the rest of the band to sign over the rights to the name in the late 80's/early 90's. So, he owns the copyright to the name, and can do whatever he wants with it

Exactly, which in turn annoyed the hell out of Slash etc., which contributed to their leaving.

So 2 months now and it'll be out. Cant see it not happening this time really. They should be finished recording at latest by end of this week, if that 8-week thing Axl said is true.

• Advertisement

They should be finished recording it by now.....? They're probably doing mastering or artwork or whatever.....?

Advertisement