Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

something to do me for a few months

Options
  • 07-10-2006 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭

right, time to get some advice here...

i've got an x800GT 256mb (PCI-e), and it's grand on most games, but it chokes now and then and gets some bad laggy moments on indoor environments in bf2. next year i'll be doing a major spending spree to go dualcore with some fat specs etc., but not until microsoft fixes some inevitable flaws in Vista (probably around May)...

so, to avoid a few months of switching new games down to medium settings (i'm a slut, i know) should i overclock the card i have now, or go for something new (but cheap, it's only for a few months!)?... i just took a look at the 7600GT. apparently better then my card, and only €160 off komplett (i am open to other suggestions)

thanks gentlemen (and ladies, maybe)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I'm in a similar boat myself... count yourself lucky that you're not stuck in the upgrade dead-end that is AGP. :eek: :(
    Could you not get another x800GT and SLI them?

My advice would be to play older games that you can max out for a few months... then you'll think you're on the cutting edge, and it will ease the pain :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Could you not get another x800GT and SLI them?

not enough pci-e slots :p
    My advice would be to play older games that you can max out for a few months... then you'll think you're on the cutting edge, and it will ease the pain :p

well i'm going to be playing battlefield2142, and of course the old reliables (css, dods) but i just want to take a nice fat performance boost so i'm comfortable until i spend big bucks next year :)

Advertisement