Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheesecloth

• 07-10-2006 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Does anyone know a store in Dublin that sells cheesecloth? Would I be likely to find some in a hardware store, or would that not be fit for the kitchen?

I've looked online and can only find it in American stores.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Scheherazade

Oops, just realized the non-American term for it is "muslin".

Any idea where I can find it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Where are you? If Dublin, they sell small packs of muslin in Kitchen Complements in Chatham Street.

Alun wrote:
    Where are you? If Dublin, they sell small packs of muslin in Kitchen Complements in Chatham Street.

I'm in Dublin.

How small is "small"? I want something at least 2 yards long or bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

There's a haberdashers in the small connecting street between Clarendon St. and Drury St, where the bistros and stuff are there, they do Muslin by the yard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'm in Dublin.

How small is "small"? I want something at least 2 yards long or bigger.
    Probably 1m squares or thereabouts. I only use it for straining stuff, or tying up spices so this is more than adequate for what I want. What do you want it for?

• Advertisement

Alun wrote:
    Probably 1m squares or thereabouts. I only use it for straining stuff, or tying up spices so this is more than adequate for what I want. What do you want it for?

Oh 1m is more than enough. I use it for straining too, but thought you were talking about something as small as a napkin.

I used to get American cheesecloth and it was thin, so that's why needed 2 yards.

Advertisement