Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Ireland

Options
  • 07-10-2006 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

May be moving to Ireland from the UK in the new year.

Not yet 100% sure of area yet but likely to be rural midland counties.

Are the coverage of cycling clubs fairly comprehensive or are there areas best avoided for decent cycling?

Many thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

talk to these people: http://www.cyclingireland.ie/

welcome to ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

If you're anywhere near Carrick On Suir, check out the Carrick Wheelers. You might even get to ride with Sean Kelly of a Sunday morning :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

This cycling calendar has contact info for clubs that have events. It might give you a feel for the types of events available. Once you find a club then they can advise on routes.

I live in West Dublin. I bought some Ordnance Survey Discovery Series of maps. They show all the small, quiet roads in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dph

Thanks guys.

Looks like we could be heading to Loughrea, Co Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Not too sure if there is a club there but I always meet a few cyclist when I am there. There are a lot of nice routes and some tough climbs there aswell. Whenever I am heading down there I always bring the bike.
    There's a good boxing and running club there with some nice running routes around the lake

• Advertisement
Advertisement