Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Crusade!!

• 07-10-2006 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I noticed that no one has started a thread bout the new trivium album. Any one looking 4ward 2 it??/give a s**t bout it??, seems to be getting mixed reviews..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Your sig and this thread don't match...

I wouldn't be a fan so I don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

new song is cringeworthy....with the whole woahoh bit

• Registered Users Posts: 19 thedaveman

have to agree, heafy has to lay off the whole hetfield'isms, the anthem really does suck ass, but detonation sounds promising enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭gokgok

I'd prefer if they didn't release it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yeah I have Ascendancy, I think it's a very good album, despite the usual obligatory bashings...but 'The Anthem', I think Beekay said it best...'it's cringeworthy'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

I've heard the whole thing. It's woeful. Clearly intended to be their Master of Puppets, it sadly (though appropriately) falls short of this for being just that: a complete rip off of Metallica's glory days with lamely tacked on melodic chorus lines and lifeless attempts at thrash metal, clearly only there to silence their more elitist critics but falls flat due to sounding entirely contrived (thanks in no part to aforementioned choruses). AVOID.

Sadly metal magazines write reviews like "Quite an average release, but worth a listen, especially if you enjoyed the previous album. 9/10(???!?!?!?!?!! WTF?!?!?!?!?!) On a lighter note, I have a BMW now." BLAH. Thankfully, I don't buy metal magazines or rely on their opinions for what's good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

I won't be buying it!!!!! Why do a lot of metal bands today use pro-tools and have big expensive videos??? Trivium also remind me of kids in a playground pretending to be their favourite superheroes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Trivium also remind me of kids in a playground pretending to be their favourite superheroes.

Seriously... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 thedaveman

Pressure's off Metallica anyway, goin by that heap of crap :o:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I won't be buying it!!!!! Why do a lot of metal bands today use pro-tools and have big expensive videos??? Trivium also remind me of kids in a playground pretending to be their favourite superheroes.

Im not sure whether I should be happy or sad. Happy I wont see little bastards running around wearing Trivium hoodies in a years time, or sad that Metal is about to loose one of the best newcomers of the last few years. You see, in 2003, we had a band called Chimaira who were hotly tipped to be the next Slayer and despite their album 'Cleansnation' making them stars it just went downhill from there. The same, im afraid, has happened to Trivium. This is a lacklustre effort from a band who could have stayed in the studio that bit longer and not burnt themselves out on the road. They could have avoided the temptation to play Dublin, Ireland 4 times since last October (and theyre coming back a 5th time in Dec). Its a disappointment because the Industry hyped this band up to expect something special, and even though this album doesnt reek by any standards, it doesnt live up to the legacy Trivium have built up in such a short time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Im not sure whether I should be happy or sad. Happy I wont see little bastards running around wearing Trivium hoodies in a years time, or sad that Metal is about to loose one of the best newcomers of the last few years. You see, in 2003, we had a band called Chimaira who were hotly tipped to be the next Slayer and despite their album 'Cleansnation' making them stars it just went downhill from there. The same, im afraid, has happened to Trivium. This is a lacklustre effort from a band who could have stayed in the studio that bit longer and not burnt themselves out on the road. They could have avoided the temptation to play Dublin, Ireland 4 times since last October (and theyre coming back a 5th time in Dec). Its a disappointment because the Industry hyped this band up to expect something special, and even though this album doesnt reek by any standards, it doesnt live up to the legacy Trivium have built up in such a short time.

bit off topic but

:eek: Their self titled album was 10 times better than the impossibility of reason;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Beekay wrote:
    bit off topic but

:eek: Their self titled album was 10 times better than the impossibility of reason;)
    Nah chimairas self titled album sucked major balls, impossiblilty of reasons cool when you get into it.

And back on topic i couldnt really care about the new trivium album, heard detonation thought it was abysmal, heard the anthem and they even managed to make an arch enemy riff sound gay what a load of bollox with the woa bit, heard enter the conflaguration or somthing and thought it was ok though, still cant exactly see this being a good album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Have Anthem and Entrance To Conflagration here. I like Anthem until that last woho bit which is as someone said already, cringe worthy. I really like Entrance though really can't say anything bad about it. As for the album, meh I'll probably end up buying it at some stage but lets say I'm not waiting for it with baited breath. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Beekay knows it, Chimaira completely obliterates the poor Impossibility of Reason album. I think people who say Impossiblity is better like the metalcore aspect more than the metal, as they almost completly drop the metalcore act on the last album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Ascendency was excellent, some really good tracks on it and it showed a lot of promise. The Crusade is them trying to be Metallica. They ****ed up big time. It s a regression not a progression. RIP Trivium.

Beekay knows it, Chimaira completely obliterates the poor Impossibility of Reason album. I think people who say Impossiblity is better like the metalcore aspect more than the metal, as they almost completly drop the metalcore act on the last album.

What the **** is 'metalcore'?

What the **** is 'metalcore'?

Metalcore is a musical genre consisting of a mix between heavy metal and hardcore punk. Although the genre has risen in popularity since the turn of the millennium, it is not a new genre, as many would believe, since bands such as Integrity have been around since the late 1980s.

Defining the metalcore sound is not an easy task, as various bands have fused a hardcore-influenced sound and attitude with many different types of metal. The earliest signs of this before being labeled metalcore was 'crossover thrash'. The band that declared the crossover was Dirty Rotten Imbeciles on their late 1980s album of the same name. Other bands, like Nuclear Assault, are bleeding edge pioneers themselves.

It should be noted that metalcore and crossover are generally considered separate identities, with "crossover" referring to a mix of thrash metal and hardcore punk, and metalcore being a slower, heavier, hardcore-rooted style influenced by thrash metal and death metal.

Funny enough, Trivium is on the following list
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metalcore_bands

Hardcore punk?
    Crossever thrash?

Sounds like bollocks to me.

Trivium are a heavy metal band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Annoying as it, when it comes to classifying the music I like I usually have to refer to it as metalcore but looking at that list just shows how ridiculous things have gotten. Lamb Of God and Unearth are now considered to be of the same genre as Bullet For My Valentine and 36 Crazyfists? No. Just no. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 brownbread

now here,****s sake!!

i must say when i first heard triviums first songs[anthem,detonation],after waiting a good year and a half i was really disappointed.after downloading the album a good 3 weeks ago i thought it was good,but below what i expected

but after listening to it a number of times,ive grown to really appreciate it.the only reason i [and most people i know] ever listened to trivium was because of the music and the choruses,not the screaming,but now that thats gone........theyve expanded their market basically.theres a load of screamo bands out there today,but none like trivium on the crusade

ill admit that some songs are WAY below par[this world.........;and sadness will sear;detonation;anthem] but this is pretty much made up for by songs like to the rats,the crusade,becoming the dragon etc

theyve been far too overhyped in the run up to the release,so expectations are never going to be met........just give the album a chance is all im saying

• Advertisement

brownbread wrote:
    but after listening to it a number of times,ive grown to really appreciate it.the only reason i [and most people i know] ever listened to trivium was because of the music and the choruses,not the screaming,but now that thats gone........theyve expanded their market basically.theres a load of screamo bands out there today,but none like trivium on the crusade

Yes, they are very talented musicians. They'd probably be my favorite band if they could just stop copying every other band and start coming up with some unique ideas.......

I was vaguely optimistic that this band may have in fact made a good album here. Man, was I disappointed. In a word - BLAND.
    As soon as they make some songs with structure and stop using the same god-awful guitar tone maybe they'll be worth a listen. Oh and the Hetfield impression - bordering on laughable.

However, I have to admit, I did enjoy the final track on the album, the instrumental 'The Crusade'. It's as if all the bands creativity was sapped from the other tracks and into this one.

Well since singles as such are release, and the videos made to promote the album to encourage us to buy it, I think they have failed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I actually really like it. I don't agree with their decision to go with The Anthem as the first single, not one of my favourites. But I heard the album in full today, I was pretty impressed. Especially since I had low expectations with very mixed reviews floating around, and my own disappointment with The Anthem.

Advertisement