Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Do You Play Pes5 Online/Net Play?

Options
  • 07-10-2006 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Well...
    I've got pes5 for the ps2 and it works perfectly fine (with the occasional glitch thats all) anyway i was recently told that at www.pesrankings.com you could play online against others from the UK.
    What im asking is...
    What do i need to play online/net play...an adapter, a pc version of pes5 or what??
    help would be much appreciated, thanks,
    Andy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If you have a slimline Ps2 al you need is a broadband internet connection.
    If you have a Chunky Ps2 you need a network adapter (hard to get these days).
    To play Pes5 you need to open a port on your router to allow the game to go online this is easy when done right most people dont do it right.

have you got the above?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bigrecobafan

Hi, em thanks very much for replying...

Well i think I've got a "chunky ps2" though im not sure- had it for a few years so thats my best bet. As for the network adaptor, i have got 1 thing that i connect to my USB port in my PC (though i just got it today and doesnt appear to be working) but i dont think its a Network Adaptor.

As for "...To play Pes5 you need to open a port on your router to allow the game to go online..." I'm not so sure what you mean.

Where do i put this "netork adaptor?"
    How do i open a router?- doing higher computing and briefly know what this is, but not how to open it.

Thanks very much in advance.
    Andy.

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS2/Accessories/SCPH-10281

you need one of these it allows the Ps2 onto internet/network

They hard to get these days as they have a wonderful flaw and the network is built into the slimline one.

So either get one of these or a slimline ps2.

kdjac

Firstly, thanks again.

So do u no anywhere i could get one of these?
    and what would the price b do u think?

How does this work- you just put this on your ps2, and switch the ps2 on, and you can play online, or do u need to somehow plug your "Network adaptor" from your ps2 onto your pc ..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

u can use ur ethernet cable AFAIK

• Advertisement

@KdjaCL: do u know how i can recover my online username and password plz? all i know is my registered email address

wba88 assume you mean ps2 and i have no clue what interface is like, maybe send passowrd to emailbut you would need login in name?

big www.ebay.ie is your best bet but you have to have abroadband internet connection.

kdjac

thanx KdjaCL

ye thanks alot. ill try that then.
    thanks again, nice speakin to u..

Advertisement