Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pill and Breasts

• 07-10-2006 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

sorry have not read the above but does any one know of a pill that makes your boobs grow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Split from other thread.

Proceed.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Well I've been on two over the last 5 years with a year break somewhere in the middle and I've found that both made my breast size increase (I've gone up 3 cup sizes altogether, which is a bit annoying since I was fairly amply endowed to begin with)

I believe though that there is a particular brand that is aimed at increasing breast size and advertises itself as such with some ridiculous name such as Voluptil or something like that.

It's probably best to talk to your GP or if you prefer someone at the Well Woman centre.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I would strongly recommend against going on the Pill simply to increase your breast size.

Mine filled out more on the Pill, but I haven't changed bra size. A couple of my friends went up a few cup sizes, and another few experienced no change at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

It makes you fat*, **

*kind of personal experience.
    **Not the experience I wished to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

sinecurea wrote:
    *kind of personal experience.

Aren't you a guy...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You generally put on weight all over, including your chest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Part of me wonders if the op mean a general pill as opposed to a contraceptive pill that will make her boobs bigger???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Doubtful, because her post was split from a thread about the contraceptive pill.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Zillah wrote:
    Aren't you a guy...?

i thought so too!!!!

but yes it does make em grow, but you fill out a bit everywhere, helps nasty periods etc etc...but its not the best thing to be taking for trivial reasons such as breast enlargement...as my nanny always said

anymore than a handful is a waste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The oral contraceptive pill makes your body think that you are preganant with artifical hormoanes.
    Whe you are pregnant breat size will increase and so will the fat deposits on the body to cope with the pregancy and with feeding the child afterwards so yes being on the will can effect your breast size but going on it for that reasin is as silly in my opinion as having a baby and breastfeeding just to make your breasts bigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

i thought so too!!!!

but yes it does make em grow, but you fill out a bit everywhere, helps nasty periods etc etc...but its not the best thing to be taking for trivial reasons such as breast enlargement...as my nanny always said

anymore than a handful is a waste

lol aren't you one too :)

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Zillah wrote:
    Aren't you a guy...?
    i was thinking the same thing :confused:

Unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

As normal, Thaedydal gives some sound advice (regarding the pill)...

Contraceptive pills do make your body think you're pregnant, and breast changes can happen because of them. A lot of other side effects can also happen though, especially when you go off of them.

I was on the pill for a few years (off and on) and each time I went off of them I broke out *horribly*, my mood swings were terrible and I was generally not myself. I would generally recommend avoiding the pill (at least for non-contraceptive reasons), but everyone reacts to them differently. As pythia said, you're likely to put on weight in other places as well.

You should really decide whether slighly larger breasts are worth all the other hassels. Push up bras are much more predictable and less headache.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

sorry have not read the above but does any one know of a pill that makes your boobs grow

To be honest, if there was a "pill" that makes your breasts grow, boyfirends would be spiking your drink with it.... and plastic surgins would go out of business. By anychange did you see all the spam for making a guys penis 200 times bigger and beleave htem to be true? So you thought if there is one for that, there is one for your breasts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

There are some products that claim to do this alright. Didn't ****head Gilson promote one for a while?

I don't have breasts myself so have never taken any of these products so I couldn't comment on whether they work or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭want2play

Is there a pill for making your breasts bigger?
    Yes, but females get implants for fun.

Of course there isnt a pill for that and if your willing to go on the pill just for bigger boobs then your pretty sad.....and shallow.

the pill will make you go up a size but will also broaden your hips
    it might not make you put on weight but this ^^^will most likely happen

try yasmin it has a hormone in it that help's with water retention thus eliminating weight gain to a certain extent also makes your skin nice

but as was said everyone reacts differently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I'm on depo provera injection, thought I was so smart goin on a non oestrogen contraceptive so that my already D cups wudnt get bigger... Somehow I'm now a 36 DD. Turns out progesterone is what makes your breasts bigger naturally w/o breast cancer risk that comes from oestrogen.
    AND, unlike when coming off the pill, your breasts don't get smaller agian when you come off depo (so I've read)
    Any one else on depo have this experience?? please say when you came off it your boobs went smaller!!

Progesterone is one of the hormoans that a womens body produces normally with a rise at ovulation and then it dropps off again.
    If you become pregant the progesterone levels don't drop and it is this that the pill and the depo prover injection mimic.

With the pill you body gets a break from the elevated levels of progesterone but with the injections and the implant it doesn't.
    So the progesterone will be working on changing your body for all that time and that includes your breasts.

I always find it ironic that the contrception solution that is the pill and injections and implants makes your body think it is the one thing you clear don't want it to be.

I am always flabberghasted at women, smart women who blightly go on the pill or injections with out finding out what it will do to thier body first.

These things are not with out thier risks and thier side effects it is not magical candy.

Lil Kitten why didn't you ask this of your dr before getting the perscription and then getting the injection ?

Medical research on nearly all medication and thier side effects can be found on the interweb via a search engine.
    really it is best to go in and pest your dr with informed questions after all it is your body this will effect.

I would say it would be unlikely your boob size would come down if you were on it long term but do check with your dr and every woman is slightly differnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I can only go on progesterone cos my mam had blood clot... i looked up all about depo online, says nothing about breast growth, just weight gain, which the doc told me. she only told me about that and risk of bone denstiy levels. Nothing about decreased sex drive or the horror stories i read online like hair falling out, infertility and s***. I have no provs with depo now after 2 years

The side effects and possible are listed and if you google for them
    What are the side effects of Depo-Provera?
    The most common side effects of Depo-Provera include:

* Irregular menstruation

* Absence of menstruation (amennorhea)

* Weight gain

* Headaches

* Anxiety

* Stomach pain or cramps

* Dizziness

* Weakness or fatigue

* Loss of libido

According to a local OB/GYN the most common side effect he sees in his practice is bloating, followed by irregular or spotting periods. About half of his patients find the side effects unacceptable and do not continue with Depo-Provera following the first injection; however the other half often continue Depo-Provera over 6,9, 12 months, and longer. When side effects such as bloating and irregular menstruation occur, he sometimes prescribes either one month of oral contraceptives or a hormone usually used for menopausal HRT which usually are effective at relieving the side effects. He said that women who continue the Depo-Provera injections for 2 or 3 series (6 or 9 months) usually cease experiencing side effects.
    * More common side effects may include:
    Abdominal pain or discomfort, dizziness, headache, nervousness, unpredictable menstrual bleeding, weakness or fatigue, weight gain or loss

* Less common side effects may include:
    Acne, backache, bloating, breast pain, swelling, or tenderness, decreased sex drive, depression, fluid retention, hair loss, hot flashes, inability to fall asleep or stay asleep, inability to have an orgasm, joint pain, lack of hair growth, leg cramps, nausea, pain in the pelvic area, rash, vaginal discharge or irritation, vaginal inflammation

* Rare side effects may include:
    Allergic reactions (sometimes severe), anemia, asthma, bleeding from the rectum or nipples, blood clots, blood clots in the lungs, blood disorders, breast cancer, breast lumps, cancer in the neck of the uterus, changes in appetite, change in breast size, chest pain, chills, convulsions, difficult or labored breathing, drowsiness, dry skin, excessive growth of hair, excessive or unusual flow of milk, excessive sweating and body odor, excessive thirst, facial paralysis, fainting, feeling of being pregnant, fever, hoarseness, increased sex drive, infections of the reproductive and urinary tracts, lack of return to fertility, overgrowth of the uterus, pain at the injection site, pain during sexual intercourse, painful menstruation, paralysis, prevention of the flow of milk, rapid heartbeat, skin discoloration, stomach and intestinal problems, swelling in the armpit, thinning of bones, tingling or ``pins and needles'', toughening or hardening of the skin, unexpected pregnancy, vaginal cysts, varicose veins, yellow eyes and skin

Some women will not have amy side effect, some will have minimal, some will have a lot, some will be deemed unsuitible after the out break of sideeffects some will be deemed unsuitible and never be put on it.

It is your body, your health and your fertility that is being effected and we should know all the information so that there aren't "horror stories" and people
    having to ask on the internet rather then thier own Dr.

Advertisement