Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missing battery drivers?

• 07-10-2006 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭

After installing xp on a friends laptop, it can't find the driver for the battery.
    Any help would be great. I have tryed letting it find them on the net but no good.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Never heard of a battery driver?

Might be someting to do with powersaving but that is usually controlled from the bios

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

ARGINITE wrote:
    After installing xp on a friends laptop, it can't find the driver for the battery.
    Any help would be great. I have tryed letting it find them on the net but no good.
    You didn't mention which laptop it was.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

check the manufacturers site for power management drivers
    not sure if APCI is what you are looking for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

@sceptre: its a siemens amilo 2010.

@Capt'n Midnight: Have check the siemens website a few times and have found drivers for most other things but not for either a bettery or APCI.

The problem causes the laptop to not be able to tell when the battery is about to die, so one minute the laptop is running fine and the next it just turns of:(.
    I think ill just use a different xp cd for the next install of windows but if anybody finds the cure before I get around to it, then that would be great.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement