Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donkey dunphy wrong as always

• 08-10-2006 2:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

ya know this whole saga at the moment just shows us what a total ****ing donkey the likes of eamon donkey(dumphy)really is,we had good managers.This fool Dumphy has slated Jack Charlton,Mick Mcarthy and Brian Kerr,Jack charlton brought ireland more success and pride as a nation than we had ever seen before(with the exception of ending the british empire),irish soccer never looked better than when Mick Mccarthy was manager(penalty shoot out v spain,wc quarter was possible),Brian kerr had spirit,guts,balls and talent(a jewish guy with a big nose(the keeper)was a cheet).yet that highly paid donkey(dumphy) slated them all,looking for their heads on plates. some of ye so called soccer know it alls will read and listen to his nonsense and take it as gospel and agree with him.
    Now he is doing it again,he will state the obvious now,as usual,only this time(and this time only)he will be right.
    When will we be rid of this "clown" along with the likes of staunton from irish international soccer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The only thing Dunphy does is speak the truth and tell it like it is.

If you don't like it, then turn off your TV and radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Totally disagree OP. (And use some spaces after your full stops.)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

anyone could have said what dunphy did about all managers. personally Charlton was a legend, McCarthy missed his chance with a talented group, Kerr steadied McCarthys sinking ship which then had no new decent additions and became Stauntons sinking ship but is seemingly going at an alaming rate.

i dread the next Fifa Rankings, i ignore the next dunphy statement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

seansouth wrote:

Let other people make your mind up if you like,i tend to make my own decisions on my own,i dont need common opinion!
    call a spade a spade,its early yet but i can just imagine the crap that will be printed in national papers tomorrow by "experts":D ..!?experts?experts in what?what is an expert?and more to the point how do you become an expert in Soccer analysis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Let other people make your mind up if you like,i tend to make my own decisions on my own,i dont need common opinion!
    call a spade a spade,its early yet but i can just imagine the crap that will be printed in national papers tomorrow by "experts":D ..!?experts?experts in what?what is an expert?and more to the point how do you become an expert in Soccer analysis?

By immersing yourself in the game, playing, coaching, managing etc is usual way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Dunphy didn't have any problem with Kerr (at least not in the begining). Iirc he looked like the cat who'd swallowed the canary at the appointment.

He did however seem to have it in for Charlton and McCarthy from the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

seansouth wrote:

totally agree wit ya there seansouth......

so the fact that we now have a total incompetant manager, in charge of a bunch of gutless wonders is eamon dunphy's fault? he gets paid to do a job. a job that he does very well. would you rather listen to aldo, packie bonner and ronnie f**king whelan talk about the great "stan" and how its not his fault. dunphy is a legend and he didnt drive out mccarthy, kerr or charlton, the fai did. again, another thread that should be changed to donkey delaney wrong as always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

totally agree wit ya there seansouth......

so the fact that we now have a total incompetant manager, in charge of a bunch of gutless wonders is eamon dunphy's fault? he gets paid to do a job. a job that he does very well. would you rather listen to aldo, packie bonner and ronnie f**king whelan talk about the great "stan" and how its not his fault. dunphy is a legend and he didnt drive out mccarthy, kerr or charlton, the fai did. again, another thread that should be changed to donkey delaney wrong as always.

Spot on Homer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

a jewish guy

I'm struggling to find any relevance for this comment. Like your other thread I'll put it down to alcohol and reserve judgement until you reply.

As for the Dunphy question, he's sometimes right but always controversial and outspoken, thats his method. After the most insignificant and mundane of games he'll be the one creating the stories, flying off in a tangent of a rant about someone being overpaid, whilst alluding to St. Roy of Keane as much as humanly possible.

I watch him for the comedy value, have no real interest in his opinions but think he's extremely entertaining as a pundit. Give me loud and controversial over boring, quiet and clichéd like most pundits the other side of the channel.

Ireland has its fair share of decent pundits (in that sense), with Pat Dolan, Roddy Collins, Dunphy and even Giles and Brady, with O'Herlihy frequently acting as the jester and stirring things up.

You don't have to agree with what they are saying at all, you just have to engage and not fall asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

At least Dunphy can spell ya useless tit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

seansouth wrote:
    The only thing Dunphy does is speak the truth and tell it like it is..
    Is this the truth Seán

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I read that piece, and yes, there are some very good points made in it. Not all I agree with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

seansouth wrote:

ROY KEANE IS RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

Dunphy says what he thinks. Thats more than can be said for any BBC, ITV or TV3 pundit. For that he has my respect as a pundit.

Also the Jewish comment in your post makes me lose any respect for you. Its racist and unwarrented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I watch him for the comedy value, have no real interest in his opinions but think he's extremely entertaining as a pundit. Give me loud and controversial over boring, quiet and clichéd like most pundits the other side of the channel.
    This sums up my opinion of the man as well. I take absolutely everything he says with a pinch of salt, you have to. I'd listen to him any day over Jamie Redknapp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Suprising to hear Dunphy heap praise on Rico, Fenlon and Stephen Kenny on the radio this morning.

Said all 3 would be able to organise a team better than Stan.

True enough too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Suprising to hear Dunphy heap praise on Rico, Fenlon and Stephen Kenny on the radio this morning.

Said all 3 would be able to organise a team better than Stan.

True enough too.

Probably his idea of an insult :D

"Even x, y and z would have done a better job!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Lads, I understand we're all a bit upset about the current state of Irish international soccer, but I think some people are getting very close to crossing the line.

We don't need 50 threads on the same topic either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

True, 5000 threads wont make a bit of difference.

I'll tell it like it is too - Dunphy is a donkey.

- Redspider

• Advertisement

cooker3 wrote:
    By immersing yourself in the game, playing, coaching, managing etc is usual way.

like eamon donkey did?Gary Lineker?mattie holland?(TV3)

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I'm struggling to find any relevance for this comment. Like your other thread I'll put it down to alcohol and reserve judgement until you reply.

You must be aware of the whole jew and big nose thing?humm??maybe not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Ok, thats pretty much enough from you.

A joke is a joke and I let it go, but this time I'm not amused.

Banned and locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement