Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hodson bay hotel, Athlone...

• 08-10-2006 4:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Considering taking the missus for a few nights.

My other choice is The Heritage Hotel in Portloaise.

Any opinions on it guys?.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Been there once for bar food, never again... I never got any service after 30 minutes, both in the lobby, nor in the queue in the actual bar/restaurant for 20 minutes. Staff service is atrocious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

After having worked for a time in both establishments I hope I can offer you some insight...

Firstly I find it unbelievable that you had to wait the best part of an hour Seanie M to get served in The Hodson Bay. They pride themselves on customer service. It's one of its main attractions.
    Add the splendour of the Bay View outside, the leisure centre, its an excellent choice. Dont let one persons bad experience detract from what is a superb hotel.

On the other side you have The Heritage.
    What can I say except that it is a fantastic hotel. [Work conditions aside...]
    It has an excellent restaurant [the Fitzmaurice], an Italian restaurant [Spago] on the corner, 2 main bars [The Charter and Molly's].
    The Leisure Centre is top class also.

The staff are most helpful there too.
    The only thing that might be against the Heritage is the Nightclub across the road from it, which is actually owned by the Hotel.

In certain rooms the music can be heard until the early hours of the morning, not a problem of course if you are in the Club, but if you are trying to *sleep* it may be annoying.

Hope this helps..

Advertisement