Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom get your act together

Options
  • 08-10-2006 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Right im am on an exchange called ballyglunin, i moved to this rented house from a house that had broadband just down the road, i was told by eircom 2 days before i moved that broadband would work on the line, i find out the day i move in the broadband is NOT available on the line at ALL. so now im canceling my subscription and telling them to stick there bills and charge up there hole as i was gave wrong information. i have not signed anything yet, do you think they will charge me?
    i dont want a phone line if i can get broadband, i also think it is ridicilous that eircom get away with this as neary all of the uk has broadband.

why do we have to get the short end of the stick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

2Shae wrote:
    Right im am on an exchange called ballyglunin, i moved to this rented house from a house that had broadband just down the road, i was told by eircom 2 days before i moved that broadband would work on the line, i find out the day i move in the broadband is NOT available on the line at ALL. so now im canceling my subscription and telling them to stick there bills and charge up there hole as i was gave wrong information. i have not signed anything yet, do you think they will charge me?
    i dont want a phone line if i can get broadband, i also think it is ridicilous that eircom get away with this as neary all of the uk has broadband.

why do we have to get the short end of the stick

I don't think Eircom's line information is 100% accurate, for a few days after my local exchange was upgraded, the line test said "possible"; then after I applied, it changed to "no chance" (text not accurate, but you get the idea). Bascially you can't rely on anything over the phone until it is verified in writing.

Can you get wireless?
    You might more answers in the broadband forums.

Advertisement