Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anal fissure

• 08-10-2006 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Regular poster here, going unregged. Don't want any medical advice either! I've just been diagnosed; it's not too serious but still hassle. Anyone else ever had this, and how long did it take you to recover? Anyone have the surgery?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Had fissures as a side effect of Crohn's Disease.
    Had surgery, with multiple resections (a bit more severe than regular fissures).
    In total I was totally incapacitated for about 3 weeks and then could manage to get around ok (had physiotherapy for a further 2 weeks or so). I stupidly thought I was a lot better than I actually was and managed to bust a few stitches, which set me back another few weeks. Hurt like hell, but it healed.
    Was off work about 7 weeks (was still on quite a lot of meds when I went back to work though).

Medications are a mixture of localised steroids (such as Budenofalk) and immune suppresants (Imuran). Meds will most probably not be as strong for you.

Feel free to chat.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

To the OP, as a matter of interest what was the cause? I understand bad diets causing poor roughage are a primary reason.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Hi yeah.. i had similar years back.

Mine was due to adminsitration of oral antibiotics for an unrelated treatement which caused stomach upset and then i got a tear.

Not too serious but took a long while to clear up. I didnt need surgery at all, just made sure there was roughage in my diet and that i didnt strain when on the loo.

It was more of an irritation than anything (literally :()

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Oh my, they never tell you about that one at bum sex camp. :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭englander

Had one for months. It went septic and allsorts. The pain was incredible. I used to fear going for a dump and practically lived on fruit.
    It never heals as it constantly stretching/opening the tear.

Eventually decided that I couldn't fix it myself (!) and it wasn't going away and had surgery. Recovering from surgery was a good bit less painful than having the fissure in the first place.

Prob first week recovering from surgery I was more nervous than in pain and didn't need the painkillers they were encouraging me to take.

Only regret was not going to see the quack sooner - lots of unnecessary worry and pain could have been avoided.

Still not sure why I got one but may have had something to do with being in Argentina, and not eating properly and trying to force one out whilst hovering over a toilet (that was covered in flies and poo) before my bus was leaving for a 12 hour journey in 2 minutes (hurt like hell).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

azezil wrote:
    Oh my, they never tell you about that one at bum sex camp. :S

Happens, thats why its important to be relaxed when at camp :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

FYI it can be caused by stress too. Not too serious, but can be a little bit of blood in the feces

Advertisement