Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning!

Options
  • 08-10-2006 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

As all us who are owned by cats know, there is no toy a cat loves more than a paper bag.
    Well, our little girl has been over the moon since getting a new one yesterday.
    Bout 10 mins ago, while in the usual play frenzy, she managed to get her little head caught in the handles.
    I wondered for a millisecond why she didnt just get it out, then I realised!.......
    On a lot of the paper bags in this country, the handles are made from a twisted paper that is tougher than rope!
    After untangling her I looked at this, this stuff is so hard, the kitchen scissors had problems!

So, before ya put your paper shopping bag down for him / her to play with / in remember to CUT THE HANDLES!!!

If I hadnt been here I dread to think!! :eek:

B

(and of course, NEVER give a cat a plastic bag, goes without saying I hope!).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Strangely enough the same happened to my little cat last week. I didn't actually give him the bag, because I'd learned from previous experiences with other people's pets never to give a bag without first removing the handles, but I left it on the floor after I came in from shopping.
    I left the room for a few minutes to do the usual bits and pieces you do when you first arrive home, and returned to find him with his head thoroughly stuck in one of the handles of the bag. He'd lepped about so much trying to release himself that he'd twisted the handle right around so it was holding him tight.
    Like you, I had awful trouble getting him untangled. I had to tear the handle bit by bit with my teeth to get it off him, because the only scissors I had to hand wouldn't do it.

This could have been a very nasty accident, and the cat wasn't even intended to have the bag!

Please, please be very careful where you leave shopping bags when you come in the door, and never "leave unpacking til later" if there are pets about.
    This goes for anybody with pets, not just cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Thanks, good point.

Advertisement