Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best worst pizza?

• 08-10-2006 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

best > Ginos , though i think they have slipped in the past yrs staff keep mixing up topping orders

worst > probably coney island ( v stingy topppings)

or Dominoes ignorant staff and for some reason bibcal amounts of greece

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I like both Ginos and Coney Island for pizzas. Ask for extra toppings if you feel they are slack, they normaly have no problem doing it for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The worst has to be 4 Star. The dough is woeful! I used to like Ginos, but as mentioned it has really gone downhill :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

What's the deal with the white 'strawberry' milkshakes that they sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

Quite like dominos tbh, never had any greasy experience with them.

Gino's I've not had. 4 star is average enough. Where's the Espresso place?

The pizza in godfathers isn't great alright... though they do give you a good bit of pizza at a cheap price. You get what you pay for I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

lido's in tramore is pretty good tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

mmmmmmmm pizza.......... wheres the phone.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭charlie@w.d

lido's in tramore is pretty good tbh
    it must of been a while since u got pizza in Lido's because they went down hill rapidly. theyre pizzas were nice with generous toppings now they are just disgusting the dough is chewy and the toppings are very scarce plus theyve increased their prices by nearly 3 euro on each item because they no they virtually have a monopoly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

it must of been a while since u got pizza in Lido's because they went down hill rapidly. theyre pizzas were nice with generous toppings now they are just disgusting the dough is chewy and the toppings are very scarce plus theyve increased their prices by nearly 3 euro on each item because they no they virtually have a monopoly.

Yup, they did go down hill. Not to sure what the problem is, last time I was there - a few months ago - they hired the chef from Coney Island (the guy who runs the one in town and also the one in Tramore when it was open) and there wasnt a great improvment. Must be the equipment / flour or watever?

Anyway, the monopoly wont exsist much longer. Coney Island bought out that "Sun Hing" Chinese restraunt by the Pine Rooms and are moving in their. I believe its sit in, take out and delivery. Welcome back! :D

• Advertisement

Oh and iv tried Dominos the past few nights and found their food to be excellent. Never had problem with staff, they were pretty sound to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 cwat69

hey all this is my first post,just want to say that when it comes to pizzas in waterford coney island do the business for me every time:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Baby4 wrote:

its not bad. prefer Dominos though

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

Best: Dominos even though I gave up getting them when they kept messing up the toppings. Got one recently & they gave it for free because of messing up last time. I only really like the extra thin crust & its a shame it only comes in medium so I have to be sharing to get it. Four Star are ok if you create your own & get extra thin crust with meatballs, premium chicken & pepperoni.

Worst: Godfellas, last time I got one it was rank & the pizza box must've been sideways whilst the driver was driving as when I opened the box there was noting only sauce on one side & the rest of the topping had all slid over to the other side in a big heap, it looked & tasted terrible the bit that we ate.

I've heard very good things about Troys in the Yellow Road (across from the grotto by the Mercy). My uncle said their pizzas are delicious & anyone I've spoken too said all their food is lovely especially the kebabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Troy's? they new? When you say across from the grotto by the mercy is that next to Texaco?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

Dan133269 wrote:
    Troy's? they new? When you say across from the grotto by the mercy is that next to Texaco?

No the other direction, they are on the corner next to the Summerland Bakery where there used to be a hairdressers or around the corner from The Marian. They do all sorts in there including burgers, chips, sausages, kebabs, pizza (can choose your own toppings if you want), etc. I've heard nothing only positive feedback from there. If you're passing pop in & get a menu. I have one at home but still haven't tried there yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Best : 4 Star - Excellent meal deals, Pizza has always been of high standard when I got it, Delivery usually fairly prompt
    Worst : Coney Island, When its good its good but when its bad its unedible, very inconsistent food wise.

Is that Troys place a take away ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

No the other direction, they are on the corner next to the Summerland Bakery where there used to be a hairdressers or around the corner from The Marian. They do all sorts in there including burgers, chips, sausages, kebabs, pizza (can choose your own toppings if you want), etc. I've heard nothing only positive feedback from there. If you're passing pop in & get a menu. I have one at home but still haven't tried there yet.

Oh yeah I know it sorry, it's run by Turks is it? Was never there myself

Advertisement