Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor Warranty

• 08-10-2006 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

I got a new Meteor phone last Wednesday. It stopped turning on today. Please tell me they're just going to give me a new phone tomorrow and not try to send it away for fixing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You should be entitled to a replacement or refund if you only got it Wednesday unless Meteor do differently that the other operators (some have 28 days otherwise, you pay for repairs).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Usually if something fails you will get it replaced within the first 14 days, instead of having to send it off for repair/replacement. Sometimes it's even 30 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If the fault can be verified in store during the first 28 days, you can swap it out for the same model. If the fault cannot be verified, the phone is sent for 24 hour test with Sigma (length of time they have the phone is 24 hours, not turnaround time). If Sigma find fault, you will get a brand new phone. Otherwise, the same phone will be returned to you. After 28 days, you are only entitled to a repair, covered by the manufacturers warranty (24 months for Nokia and Sony Ericsson, 12 months for rest. Warranty covers manufacturering faults and software updates, not customer damage)

You shouldn't have any issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

As long as the phone won't turn on when you show it to the sales assistant, you'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Pythia wrote:
    As long as the phone won't turn on when you show it to the sales assistant, you'll be fine.
    so make sure to put a bit of paper on the battery connection so it definitely won't turn on. the amount of people who came into me and said:

"this doesn't work, look. oh, wait its working now"

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

So it's you who got me fired from the Meteor store!

Advertisement