Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game are criminals....

Options
  • 08-10-2006 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Absolutely unbelieveable. GTR2 for PC 30 Euro in the xtra vision game stores, and Game are trying to charge 54.99 for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

yeh i know not to long ago i got quake 4 in extravision for like 25/30 euro and it was like 60 in game what a rip!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

roflcakes

Nothing new here. Game have always been expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Man i hope you brought lube with ya other wise you'll be walking funny after making a purchase in GAME

Great
    At
    Mugging
    Everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I wouldn't exactly call them criminals or indeed say they are mugging anyone.
    If you chose to buy something in there, then find out that the same article is cheaper elsewhere then I guess you didnt shop around in the first instance.

Granted they are expensive, as are most "non online stores", but to say they are criminals or indeed mugging people is a bit extreme.
    As a consumer its your duty to shop around and steer clear of such high prices in future.
    Shop Around
    Kippy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You can pick up some good deals in their sales and deal of the weeks from time to time.

Plus they'd have a much larger selection than Xtravision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

As regards Quake 4......
    I was going to get it in my branch of Game, but shopped around. Found the special edition in Xtra vision cheaper than the ordinary one in GAME.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I haven't bought a game on the high street in about 2 years. Play.com/cdwow etc are just too damn cheap to justify it.

The only time I go into the high street is when someone has bought me a voucher etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

and Prey (360) was more 2nd hand than it was new.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Meh I work for em. They're expensive for some things but some of our stuff is very reasonable. If ya see it somewhere else for cheaper, buy it. That's what I tell the customers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

It's cheaper sometimes. It depends on the store. They are cheaper than Virgin in Liffey Valley.

Xtra Vision might be cheaper but they have more stores so they could order the stock in bulk for all the stores and get some kind of discount I guess where as Game seem to be disorganised and stuff you find in one store, won't be in another.

They are left to run themselves in other words so they have to charge more because they have more costs in getting the game because they don't order in bulk for all their stores.

I have no evidence for that though. I can say that I read an article a while ago from one of the console makers saying that the reason games and stuff is more expensive in Europe is because of this not ordering in bulk where as Walmart or whatever orders huge numbers in the states so they get cheaper prices.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

brim4brim wrote:
    Xtra Vision might be cheaper but they have more stores so they could order the stock in bulk for all the stores and get some kind of discount I guess where as Game seem to be disorganised and stuff you find in one store, won't be in another.

Game would be buying UK and Ireland (and maybe even their mainland stock) in bulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I dunno, they have a much better selection than most high street stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Had a good Game experience earlier this morning here in London :)

Grabbed myself a copy of XIII (new) for £1.98, and a copy of Beyond Good & Evil (2nd-hand) for £7.99.

But BG&E scans in as the brand new price - 99pence :eek:

So the kind gentleman behind the counter leaves it at that price for me.

Total purchases = £2.97 / €4.40

Good times :)

Advertisement