Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help!i forget my lock code!

• 08-10-2006 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭

hi mates,

i setup a lock code for my mobile phone AGES AGO that if anyone try to turn on my phone without my simcard(aka. someone pick it up and try to use it with their own simcard),there will be a lock code for you to enter.

a very nice phone until yesterday,my simcard is not working SUDDENLY.i went to my simcard provider,they gave me back a new simcard (without any charge,cheers,vodafone!:D ).

when i tried to turn my phone on with this new simcard,my phone asked for my lock code!it doesnt recognise this new card as the same card before!

it is all fine until i tried to enter the lock code.code error!
    i forget my lock code:( :(

anyone here can give me a hand?thanks alot.

p/s:i know that i can unlock it if i go to those unlocking shop,but i want to keep all my contacts and datas in it......:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Should you not be entering the lock code for the simcard (which would have come with the sim) since the new phone wouldn't have a security lock (I don't think). Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Ruu wrote:
    Should you not be entering the lock code for the simcard (which would have come with the sim) since the new phone wouldn't have a security lock (I don't think). Correct me if I'm wrong.

i m using the same phone:p with a new simcard of my old number;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Ruu: You'e wrong. It's a phone feature, not sim.

Service Centre are the only one's that can help. Probably lose information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

seraphimvc what is the phone model and IMEI number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

buddy wrote:
    Ruu: You'e wrong. It's a phone feature, not sim.

Service Centre are the only one's that can help. Probably lose information.

Ah reet, got confuzzled there. :)

Unless you have a data cable for the phone (works with some Nokias in my experience when I lost my code), you'll have to send it away. All I can think of.

• Advertisement

Ruu wrote:
    Unless you have a data cable for the phone (works with some Nokias in my experience when I lost my code), you'll have to send it away. All I can think of.
    Nope, if it's a Nokia and I get the IMEI number I can generate a master reset code.

BreadBoard wrote:
    Nope, if it's a Nokia and I get the IMEI number I can generate a master reset code.

my phone model is Nokia 7610 :Dwats tat IMEI number??

can you really help me to unlock the phone without erasing my data in it??wow,i will be so happ to hear that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

to get the imei press *#06#

wba88 wrote:
    to get the imei press *#06#

for the moment i can only type for the lock code:( :(

i failed to type in #06#:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

if its a nokia symbian, there is no need to give him ur imei. as far as i remeber u hold 3 buttons with phone powered off to do a hard reset.. im sure someone knows about this. i forget the key combo

• Advertisement

seraphimvc wrote:
    for the moment i can only type for the lock code:( :(

i failed to type in #06#:(
    Remove the simcard or read the IMEI number from the back of the phone it's on the withe sticker.

if its a nokia symbian, there is no need to give him ur imei. as far as i remeber u hold 3 buttons with phone powered off to do a hard reset.. im sure someone knows about this. i forget the key combo
    If you do a hard reset this will deleted data, which seraphimvc is trying not to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Enter your IMEI number here - http://nfader.z-host.ru/ and it'll give you a mastercode which you can enter in place of your security code.

this is my IMEI code :355034001836139;)

that website works!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!Thank you so much!!!!!!

p/s:i m so happy to get help from you guys!

No problem :)

Advertisement