Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSU popping!

Options
  • 08-10-2006 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

Had a dell computer psu explode on us. Its model number is dell 03e466 and the only place i could find that sells them is ebay from the states for over 80-90e. Can anyone tell me if any other psus will work with it? Its got a p1 and p2 connector if that helps things.

Not sure if its model num is PS 5251-1d

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Some Dells have non standard form factors and their own proprietary one (not ATX). Is your Dell from the Dimension series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

demension 8100 i think is whats on the box? Does that make a difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I believe so, some Dells might require a PSU adapter to convert the non-standard pinout on the mobo to the standard ATX one from the PSU. I haven't been able to figure out if your Dell is ATX or not. A few google searches suggest it aint. Any more opinions anyone..care to jump it? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

I pressume its not an atx model. would it be cheaper to get a new psu and adaptor than get the one off ebay? Me thinks a call to mr.dell is in order and see what they charge.

Advertisement