Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need to upgrade PSU

Options
  • 08-10-2006 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

i stuck a Radeon x850 into my Dell nearly a year ago but recently it has been overheating alot and i have to revert back to the original x300 that came with the machine. the card seems fine in other machines so i think I need a new PSU for the Dell. Could anybody recommend the best place to get one of these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Whats the model of your Dell? Some of us can lookup to make sure its a standard ATX power supply that you are after.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭crybaby

its a Dell Dimension 4700

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Best give Dell a buzz about it, crybaby. I have googled about and one person suggests it will fit but might make other things quite the tight fit in there. If you can measure the dimensions of your old one with one you are going to buy, that might work too.

Advertisement