Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor Customer Service: Is there anybody out there?

• 08-10-2006 10:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

45 minutes and no answer....what a useless shower. Website sucks, coverage sucks, customer service sucks, ads suck....changing to vodafone tomorrow...rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Never had any issues at all with meteor like that! Coverage is top notch, customer service top notch, overall top notch everything about them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Never had any issues at all with meteor like that! Coverage is top notch, customer service top notch, overall top notch everything about them!

Are you for real? There's dead spots ALL OVER Dublin, and I said...45mins waiting on a Sunday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

ya i'm for real and I live in the sticks and have full coverage at all times. If you lose meteor coverage you automatically bounce off O2's coverage so there must be something up with ur phone if you cant get coverage with either and trust me vodafone suck balls! I was with them before and they are dreadfull to be with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

zuutroy wrote:
    Are you for real? There's dead spots ALL OVER Dublin, and I said...45mins waiting on a Sunday night

I think you answered your own question there. 45 minutes on Sunday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I've had very little problem with either meteors, customer support or the coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

ya i'm for real and I live in the sticks and have full coverage at all times. If you lose meteor coverage you automatically bounce off O2's coverage so there must be something up with ur phone if you cant get coverage with either and trust me vodafone suck balls! I was with them before and they are dreadfull to be with!

You do not jump onto 02 cells everywhere in the country, it is only on certain cells that they have agreed upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

changing to vodafone tomorrow.

Well that will sure sort out..ermm maybe one of those issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I rang them yesterday and was waiting about 5 seconds.
    Perfect coverage anywhere I go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Im still in disbelief that one day when I rang customer service wondering why I couldnt make or take calls, I was told in a very relaxed manner "eh, the entire network is down". I asked if there was any idea when it'd be available again and got "Ah, try later on it'll probably be ok". Confidence inspiring to say the least...

All the networks have been down at one point or another. Stuff breaks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I've never had problems with Meteor's coverage, however their customer service is, to put it frankly, terrible.

On the other hand, they are cheaper than Vodafone for most pay as you go calls. And as far as it taking 45 minutes to reach someone in customer service on a Sunday night, be glad you were able to reach someone at that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

if you're going anywhere go to o2. vodafone sux. but i just rang meteor a second ago and was waiting about 30 seconds. i've never had to wait more than a minute or two to get through to them

and the coverage could be your phone or your sim. i always have perfect coverage but if i ring my mate who lives about 100 metres from me the call always drops and i can only make out half of what he's saying. get a replacement sim in a meteor shop (its free) and if that doesn't fix the problem try your sim in a different phone for a few days

I've never had a problem with support other than I got someone who didn't know how to interpret my account properly once. But you can get a new person anywhere. Other than I found them pretty good. They even rang me back when I sent in a survey online complaining that the Webtext GUI was flawed. They fixed the GUI afterwards.

You do get dead spots in someplaces. I know of two houses where all networks have problems, O2 being the worst. Sometimes if you report it can be a problem with the cell in that area and it may need attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

. And as far as it taking 45 minutes to reach someone in customer service on a Sunday night, be glad you were able to reach someone at that time.

I wasn't! I just hung up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Ive been with meteor since day one.... Although they have had a hell of a lot of coverage problems in the past they have really improved and are now a great network indeed.granted there are still two or three areas with little or no coverage that can be said for the other three networks also.

And come like your giving out about waiting that long on the phone for them on a SUNDAY night. What did you expect. Just wait till monday morning and you would have got through first time.or drop them an email and go to bed. Whatever your problem was would more than likely have been sorted or answered by the time you got up.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

If they won't answer the phone on Sunday they should change their pages from:

"08:00 until midnight, 7 days a week"

http://www.meteor.ie/misc/contact.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

parsi wrote:
    If they won't answer the phone on Sunday they should change their pages from:

"08:00 until midnight, 7 days a week"

http://www.meteor.ie/misc/contact.html

Agreed they should change that to different hours or at least post that we should expect to recieve some delays on Sunday Nights.

Still saying that i never try to contact them late on sundays. They would not have much of a crew available on the phones so either the call center could be extreamly busy or else 1 agent may be on lunch - 1 on personal and the other two on calls - or may be doing follow ups from calls they had just recieved and as its a sunday night most of there tech departments would be closed so they have to go about it themselfs.

So long story short ive always been aware that sunday nights are not the best nights to contact them and i usually just drop them an email. But they should mention this on there website.

If people do have a problem, do they complain and is the problem resolved?

Advertisement