Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Cut

Options
  • 08-10-2006 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Evening all,
    I'm new to the city and i'm looking for a good spot to get my hair cut (male) :eek:
    I know the madness of it but surly ye have all been there when some muppet just goes snip snip regardless of what u as them.
    don't mind paying a bit over the odds once i get a service i'm happy with.
    had a savage spot in cork, the turkish barbers on McCurtain street. However the trip to cork would make the hair cut that bit expensive!!
    Thanks for any help.
    Regards,
    N

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Figaro barbers on Bedford Row is a good place.Good haircut and sound staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Yeah Figaros is probably your best bet

For the 'authentic' barber experience there's Garvey's in Denmark St. Just don't go in there at Angelus time or he'll stop mid snip and drop to his knees

Theres also the guy near the Augustinian church with the photo of him cutting John Brutons hair outside the door

Stick with Figaros :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Modern Man on sarsfield street going there for years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

radioman wrote:
    Theres also the guy near the Augustinian church with the photo of him cutting John Brutons hair outside the door

Ah yes, 'The Best Barber in the World' I went there a few months ago, wow... what an experience!
    My trek up the stairs and the experience of sitting in his chair is an adventure i will remember for a long time yet to come.

He's been in the business over 80 years but only 60 years in his current spot (if i remember corretly), there are many pictures of himself, articles of his acheivements and rules/ 'code of conduct' posters for customers. I will not say too much of what to expect, except expect the unexpected!

I urge all men of Limerick to go there, go alone and make sure you have no time constraints or worries, take your time and soak up the experience. Go for the experience not the haircut, but do go!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

radioman wrote:
    For the 'authentic' barber experience there's Garvey's in Denmark St.

Just don't go in there at Angelus time or he'll stop mid snip and drop to his knees

:D:D

I've been going into Garveys all my life! Always get a perfect haircut in there and it's cheap too. Sure the bossman is a bit of a Holy Joe (the angelus thing kills me!), but hey it has never interfered with the quality of his work.

I'd recommend it. Make sure you go to one across from Flannery's though and not the brothers' shop up the road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

What do you guys think is a fair price for a "Dry Cut" .......

I've been paying 18.00 recently in town with a 2 buck tip .... how does that sound? .... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

i think i pay 12, or 10..... 18?? maybe we are talking about something different.. dry cut for 18??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

dry cut for 18??

I thought it was a bit heavy but that's what I'm paying .......

I'm still trying to get over the 1.00 euro tip I once gave one of the gals ..... she literally threw it across the room which I guess was to indicate it wasn't enough ...... :( I would have thought 1.00 euro from every guy going thru the place would be great but when I mentioned 1.00 euro tips as being ok, to the gals I know they looked at me as if to say .... "which $$$$$$$$ world are you living in!!!!" :cool:

Anyway .... my $$$$$$$ harcuts cost me 20.00 total and I just stay quiet now .... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ramtha

if you drive out past kings johns castle.over bridge,theres a small place on the rhs.always quiet during the week.park car across the road and she gives 1 of the best hair cuts i got in a long time.12 or 15 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I usually go to the place opposite the railway station - it's called "The Barber Shop", so it's easy for me to remember ;)

Good spot, good staff, good service, and you'll easily manage to have enough change from your €18 to go into Luigi's chipper on the way home!

• Advertisement
Advertisement