Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

suggestions of Raw Champ vs SD champ vs ECW champ at Cyber Sunday

• 09-10-2006 5:00am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭

PWI
    ---
    As we mentioned last week on the PWInsider.com Elite Hotline, local advertising for the 11/6 Cyber Sunday PPV in Ohio lists the main event as ECW World champion Big Show vs. WWE World champion Booker T vs. WWE champion John Cena. PWInsider.com has confirmed that is indeed the direction they are going in at this time.
    ---
    i dont know about this myself but it obviously has potential and the current suggestion is that the usual cyber sunday vote will be to see which title is defended (most likely succesfully)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

john cena to win. we all know its what the wwe want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

maybe cena to win ... but I can see one of the others possibly winning it too, to start a brand feud for survivor series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

John Cena to become ECW champion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

This champion vs champion vs champion none of the titles will be on the line in the Cyber Sunday main-event match

http://www.wwe.com/shows/cybersunday/exclusives/reunion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

WTF is the point of that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

in an update to this

There has been much speculation as to what the fans will be voting for in regards to the "Champion of Champions" match between John Cena, King Booker and The Big Show at Cyber Sunday. It seems that the fans will be allowed to vote for which title will be on the line - so this would mean that either the WWE Title, the World Championship Title, or the ECW World Title will be on the line during the triple threat match.

The Intercontinental Title will also be on the line as Jeff Hardy will defend the title against whoever wins the fans vote to challenge him for the title. The contenders involved are Johnny Nitro, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito, Super Crazy, and Chris Masters.

Also the local advertising in Cincinnati market lists Ric Flair, DX, Vince McMahon, The Spirit Squad, Edge, Lita, Randy Orton, Rob Van Dam, Batista, Sabu, and William Regal to all appear at Cyber Sunday.

Credit: PWInsider.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It would be great if Cena was the ECW champ. the heat he got from the crowd at ONS was brilliant and if they can keep that up for even one month ECW will get a lot more viewers and Cena can work as a heel again, something we all want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Mossy Monk wrote:
    John Cena to become ECW champion

please let it happen. even if only for a few weeks. just for the crowd reaction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Mossy Monk wrote:
    please let it happen. even if only for a few weeks. just for the crowd reaction

What crowd reaction? The morons who attend the show would love it and I'd end up putting my fist through my TV...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

What crowd reaction? The morons who attend the show would love it and I'd end up putting my fist through my TV...

Nah I don't think so. It took me a long time to realise it but only kids are cheering Cena these days.
    They gotta turn him and giving him the ECW strap would be perfect for this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

they can't turn him as all 3 champs would be heels, and merchandising oppertunities for milking Cena dry would be lost, thats the WWes bottom line, movie revenues, cd sales etc.
    Vince is sadly going a lot like Don King in my eyes, there for the money not the love of wrestling , which is a real shame, remember when he did love it, when he lived it, enough to take chair shots and juice himself, i'm not looking for that now, he's too old but some guidance of the writers etc would be nice reward the long term fans who wont cheer for a pretty boy or a fad gimmick but recognise true commitment and effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Vince is sadly going a lot like Don King in my eyes, there for the money not the love of wrestling , which is a real shame, remember when he did love it, when he lived it,

I don't know a whole lot about Vince McMahon. But the one thing you always here is what a workaholic he is. I don't think thats changed. He'll be like that till he dies.

Also I think Vince's love for wrestling and his ambition to make lots of money go hand in hand. There identical in his mind. Vince loved making money in 1999 just as much as he does today. It's a business and he's never forgotten that.

Advertisement