Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2142 - thoughts?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

no i didn't get BB , but my folks did so tried it there, someone else described it as cartoony and i kinda agree , feels a bit like a bad mod for COD or something , just cant put my finger on it. Hey I was told I would get to like BF2 but in truth I never did.

BF2 is good just not as good as it should have been.
    BF2142 might be ok in the end but will ever be awesome like it should be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

my internets are down at home so i cant play :(

im only 100 points or so from silver major and the rocket pack for my assault rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/720/screen002hf1.jpg

They actually kicked me, some guy was giving out and they were laughing saying there was no way EA could track, i backed up the guy giving out, basically said it was piss easy to pull from a db what players got x amount of points in a round and pretty much how the points were aquired and they kicked me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Just got the game and while its pretty good, I can't see myself putting as much time into it as I did with Battlefield 2.

Also, might be a stupid question but I do see Battlefield 2 icons appearing beside some player names, whats this all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Also, might be a stupid question but I do see Battlefield 2 icons appearing beside some player names, whats this all about?

that would be the battlefield veteran program. if you're a vet of bf2 you can sign up to get that little icon, and i think you're private first class off the bat (not sure though, i can't remember)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Anyone else wondering how clan games in that are going to work? I mean clan games are on a passworded unranked server right? And Unlocks are usually not used, so essiently that leaves you with 4 kits all basic, no revive tool as its an unlock, no c4 (or whatever it is) as its an unlock, in fact it seems it would be more a team deathmatch more than anything. I may be wrong and if I am im sure someone will jump right in an correct me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/720/screen002hf1.jpg

They actually kicked me, some guy was giving out and they were laughing saying there was no way EA could track, i backed up the guy giving out, basically said it was piss easy to pull from a db what players got x amount of points in a round and pretty much how the points were aquired and they kicked me.

Was it on that XTC server by any chance. I got kicked from it for killing to many of them :)

On a serious note its good you got the screen shot please report the offenders here http://www.bfroe.com/

They seriously need some sort of reward for attacking the titan. It's a hell of alot tougher, plus defnse is easier and you get 20 points for the seven kills in defense. I find now that more people are defending the titan, it turns out to be more profitable. guilty of it myself, with my 54 titan defense badges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

should see how many i have :P

Woohoo got my 30 titan defense kills and gold badge. secret to it, go on a sh1te team.

Lamerts no longer the best, picked up the clark shotgun, f'in hell its lethal.

• Advertisement

alrite the big discusion Baur or Voss?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Voss, The baur is powerful but the recoil is a ****. Having said that, I've done way, way more damage with the FA-37 than with either gun.

IF the baur held more than 20 bullets, it would hands down be the best weapon there. Loving it at the mo. up close its nothing on the voss or lambert, medium to long range wow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Voss for me ,brilliant for long range i think.The Baur is sweet up close but i always get caught out with the reload :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I'm loving this game. Like others, I didn't think much at first but warmed to it very quickly. Now I just want to get my exams over with so I can play it all day :D.
    Oh and the anti-vehicle rifle unlock kicks serious amounts of ass, one hit tank kills ftw!

Creature wrote:
    I'm loving this game. Like others, I didn't think much at first but warmed to it very quickly. Now I just want to get my exams over with so I can play it all day :D.
    Oh and the anti-vehicle rifle unlock kicks serious amounts of ass, one hit tank kills ftw!

Have to agree with Creature, wasn't overly sure if I'd like this game or not but I have to say its won me over, cant wait to see what it looks like on my new rig when its finished, lovely lush graphics :D

Its amazing how many people hated this first.

Yeah the pilum is savage, its like sniping except it tanks you take out instead of people. anyone pull off the 1 shot mec kill yet?

the ganz is poo.

BTW its a hell of alot better with the xifi card. Only found out 2 days, i still had the sound as software and not hardware. Hell of a difference, can hear them sneaking up.

The game sounds fantastic through X-Fi, really adds to the battlefield feel. Sadly the last 5 games I've played have been plauged by base raping noobs in the walkers, makes me want to cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

At 1st I had so many bad thoughts of this game I really hated the idea and everything, so last night I said id give the demo ago.. was about 1/4 way thru and clicked X to get rid of it... little did I know it was still downloading and I had only exited the download window!

Anyways just before I was about to go bed it finished downloading and I said to myself sure it wont hurt to try right?

So installed it registered an account and went online..

My thoughts are now different its actually quite good! Only my pc is a heap of crud and the graphics dont look the best!

Alas its still not better than BF2 IMHO :D :rolleyes:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

IF the baur held more than 20 bullets, it would hands down be the best weapon there. Loving it at the mo. up close its nothing on the voss or lambert, medium to long range wow!!

When you combine it with the med kit and defib it’s the best kit setup for infantry maps. Bullets can be a pain but the damage it inflicts and its accuracy on single shot more than make up for it. Close range its also quite handy but you will need to reload for a second kill (Pistol can finish them off though.)

For close quarter fighting on the titan the recon is you best bet. Mainly because the Lambert, demo paks and apm make a animal combination weather assaulting or defending.

• Advertisement

Alrite unlocked it last night, definately the Voss. after 2 hours with it, i llove it, it ruled all on berlin and gibraltar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Skylerr

Have the Players guide from Prima and this is the stats on the 2 guns

Name: Baur H-AR
    Magazine: 20
    Max Dmg: 31
    Min Dmg: 22
    Start (Meters): 40
    End (Meters): 70
    ROF: 600

Name: Voss L-AR
    Magazine: 40
    Max Dmg: 25
    Min Dmg: 20
    Start (Meters): 40
    End (Meters): 65
    ROF: 900

Alrite any counters for nade spamming in the titan corridors? its impossible to get past.

Alrite any counters for nade spamming in the titan corridors? its impossible to get past.

Yeah its a nightmare to take a well defended corridor. I think you can get one of your grenades away before you die. We had a similar situation on Irish E sports last night and we just kept throwing until we got a lucky shot. Then the sole remaining guy was rushed and boom bye bye console.

It only really effects you on the long corridors as the consoles in the shorts ones will eventually be destroyed from your grenade blasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

picked it up on friday with okami...

I hope your all right about this first impressions are not the best detail. Cause I'm not thinking the best thoughts about it.

I really dont like how useless you feel when you start off...It might not be necesarily true...but you do feel useless. Especially when being on the offense or defense of the titan and you dont have grenades...or something to disarm the Ap mines...or worse no defribulator when defending. Its rubbed in more when everyone else has been at the game much longer and are all pulling out the teched out stuff.

I like Titan mode...and I assume it only gets better when you go up in rank.

Conquest...I havnt been able to place why...but it doesnt seem to be as much fun as it was on BF2..I think that might be down to simply not being able to relate to the maps as well as the BF2 ones (they need to keep the wake tradition alive and port a version for Bf2142 over) I admit thought the number of BF2 maps I actually enjoy is about 4-5 and I rather avoid the rest. I just need more time with them.

The titan game mode sort of puts the maps on the backburn because the game mechanic pushes it further then the map (yes level design is important but the ability to move your titan changes aspects of it.)

Also a very minor gripe is the style of the icons on the minimap...while BF2's radar etc were easy to read...I find the 2142 ones a tad confusing...should sort itself out over time.

What I do like though.

-The downgrading of the air force...PRAISE BE TO GOD! I admit removing jets alltogether is a bit of a downer but until Dice find a way to stop jets doing what they were designed for (military superiority). Its best to remove em and stick with the gunship/jet combo which while effective...cant deliver the same carpet bomb effect.

-Tanks need 2nd player to use machine gun. This was an obvious but much welcomed change...It made it very difficult to use AT rockets or C4 on vehicles in BF2 when both the driver and gunner can shoot at you.

-Drop-pods....most fun ever.

Its slow going at the start, best thing to do is concentrate on one class and get all its unlocks, then stay with them while you unlock another kit. i did this with recon at the start then started with support. i'd advise start with assault or recon.

As for APM crouch or go prone and they won't go off, just hope that some muppet does'nt come tearing past you while your crouching past an APM.

conquest maps depends what you like, give gibraltar and cerebere ago, fantastic infantry maps.

and uumm the tanks have a machine gun for a 2nd player.

and uumm the tanks have a machine gun for a 2nd player.

thats not what I was complaining about...in BF2 the driver would have a machine gun aswell as the main cannon...the result was a single tank with only 1 person in it could hold a point against both infantry and other vehicles, thus making it much much harder for a AT unit or demo charge get propped onto the tank.

in 2142 going from my few games tonight it's much easier to manevour around tanks if they dont have the second pilot and get a demo charge on them.
    conquest maps depends what you like, give gibraltar and cerebere ago, fantastic infantry maps.

Just had some classic matches in titan so i'll be sticking with them for a while...walked out of one map with 2 promotions and about 6 medals.

you were right it grows on you. The drop-pods just keep getting better.

And the pain of being so weak at first is offput by the speed you upgrade (and if your playing in teams you can get temporary unlocks.) I've jumped 5 ranks in 2 nights (only installed it yesterday).

must drop the graphics a bit cause when those walkers show up it drags a bit in the following chaos.
    As for APM crouch or go prone and they won't go off, just hope that some muppet does'nt come tearing past you while your crouching past an APM.

Yeah found that out in the last server I was in.

offtopic question

How do I view the dogtags i've taken?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    offtopic question

How do I view the dogtags i've taken?

Click on leaderboards, and then choose to filter by dogtags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

was playing on sidi power plant last night (+=Teamplay=+ server. quite a good server for well behaved players) and got my dog tags taken 5 times in a row...in the space of 5 minutes... by the same guy. he kept appearing right behind me every single time I spawned in! git! :D

Got revenge on Tunis harbour by headshotting him multiple times.. hehe. You know you're doing something right when they take the time to type out "stop it or I'll hurt you" :)

played Titan as well. very laggy (minsk with 58 players) but a good laugh. You definitely rack up more points playing titan than conquest. I wandered around lost for half of it and suffering from severe spasms (you know when you unzoom 4 times to stop the rifle sight from springing back up to your eye!) and still walked out with 42 points. (I didnt deserve them tbh , mostly apm kills and blind firing as support holding a corridor.). must pay more attention to titan maps with fewer players.

Advertisement