Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

UK supermarket websites

Options
  • 09-10-2006 10:04am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got some good UK supermarket links and/or other UK based car sites (like UK versions of carzone.ie and cbg.ie)?

Any supermarkets that people have actually used would be better again. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I see they have gone .IE now, interesting as they would be one of the cheaper supermarkets.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Moanin wrote:

Thanks, great site. Just what I'm looking for, and even tailored for the Irish buyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I visited Car Giant in White City London during June on my odyssey to get my BMW, It is massive about 17 or 18 acres of Cars, I went into a huge Warehouse that had over 450 BMW's however they were mainly E46's and were from 2002 upwards which wasn't what I was looking for as they were too "new", very good prices all motorway miles.

I would have bought there except that the VRT would be about €5,000 and I wouldn't pay that to those Fianna Fail "free-market" :rolleyes: blood suckers. I eventually found my car in Croydon and everything about is right. Car giant were extremely professional and even had a minibus to drive you to the various parking lots and Warehouses.

I almost bought a Jag X-type there but decided it wasn't the image I wanted as you wouldn't see too many 19yr olds driving a Jag around South Kerry :eek: Beemer FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

that irish Car giant one is excellent.

here's another:

http://www.bigmotoringworld.co.uk/

and i know this is not a supermarket, but you should also look at

www.autotrader.co.uk

and

www.ebay.co.uk. this is an auction site, so buyer beware, do HPI check

www.hpi.co.uk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

www.allapprovedcars.com.

Bought mine from his one.Mostly used by main dealers

netwhizkid wrote:
    I visited Car Giant in White City London during June on my odyssey to get my BMW, It is massive about 17 or 18 acres of Cars, I went into a huge Warehouse that had over 450 BMW's however they were mainly E46's and were from 2002 upwards which wasn't what I was looking for as they were too "new", very good prices all motorway miles.

I would have bought there except that the VRT would be about €5,000 and I wouldn't pay that to those Fianna Fail "free-market" :rolleyes: blood suckers. I eventually found my car in Croydon and everything about is right. Car giant were extremely professional and even had a minibus to drive you to the various parking lots and Warehouses.

I almost bought a Jag X-type there but decided it wasn't the image I wanted as you wouldn't see too many 19yr olds driving a Jag around South Kerry :eek: Beemer FTW!

Just wondering, did you get to haggling for a car, i'd like to know how much one would expect to get off the sticker price in a supermarket? anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Mc-BigE wrote:
    Just wondering, did you get to haggling for a car, i'd like to know how much one would expect to get off the sticker price in a supermarket? anyone know?

I did haggle and yes they were willing to budge ever so slightly, (something like £50 or £100 if I remember right, I was on the verge of buying that Jaguar X-type.

I asked to be left on the net and I checked the VRT calculator and the VRT was too much to warrant buying it. They were also going to let of the VAT as the car was going for export. So if a car is marked say £5,000 between a bit of haggling and maybe getting the VAT dropped you could save a little extra.

I could say without a shadow of doubt that Car giant was one of the best = car dealerships I have ever been into, I have been to dealers in North America too, but just to pass away a rainy afternoon. Anyway the car's there were spectacular and only for the mileage and year tag you would pass them off as brand new cars. I was so interested in one BMW that I came out of there gritting my teeth and vowing to die before voting Fianna Fail as they are responsible for VRT.

netwhizkid wrote:
    They were also going to let of the VAT as the car was going for export. So if a car is marked say £5,000 between a bit of haggling and maybe getting the VAT dropped you could save a little extra.

How would they give you the VAT of a second hand Car? how does that work?

Advertisement