Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 - Service cost & wipers

Options
  • 09-10-2006 11:08am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,
    I have a 02 Audi A4, TDI.

I got a lad here who services all the work vehicles to service mine, he did the oil, oil filter, air filter, general check of the car and that.
    Cost me 160 euro. Now I thought this was a bit steep.
    This is a 10k service, so it will need to be done again in another 10k.
    Now I know you can get a long life service for 20k miles. Anyone got one of these and what is the difference and cost.

Also my wiper blades are a bit fuked, but the places he checked around Castlebar did not stock them as they are "special".
    Again any where on net I might get them & what sort of money.

The Xenon lights, any idea of cost to replace these and could I do it myself?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

The normal price for an a4/volkswagen passat will cost you around €210 give or take. For the long life oil to be used it costs around €40 extra (this is what we were charged with a volkswagen/audi garage. Any audi garage would have the wipers or they would be able to order them in for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Same problem with getting wipers. They are different from the standard wipers on most cars but you should be able to get them in an Audi dealers. As for the service costs thats pretty much what i pay too.

A quick question while i'm on about Audi's. I was in Dublin for the weekend at a wedding and driving up and back down yesterday there was a bad vibration coming up through the steering wheel and also through out the car. This only happen however when i went over 100 kmph on the motorway. At 100 or below it's fine and there is absolutely no vibration but above 100 is very bad. Even the quare one beside me could feel it in the passenger seat (think she actually enjoyed it!!:eek: ) Any suggestions as to what is causing it? Tracking out or is there something fecked in my steering/suspension? Will be going into the garage next weekend (much to her disappointment) but any help would be gladly taken on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A quick question while i'm on about Audi's. I was in Dublin for the weekend at a wedding and driving up and back down yesterday there was a bad vibration coming up through the steering wheel and also through out the car. This only happen however when i went over 100 kmph on the motorway. At 100 or below it's fine and there is absolutely no vibration but above 100 is very bad. Even the quare one beside me could feel it in the passenger seat (think she actually enjoyed it!!:eek: ) Any suggestions as to what is causing it? Tracking out or is there something fecked in my steering/suspension? Will be going into the garage next weekend (much to her disappointment) but any help would be gladly taken on board.

Sounds like your front wheels need to be balanced. Shouldn't cost more than a tenner. Any tyre fitter can do this for you.

OP - €160 doesn't sound horribly expensive for a service, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Same problem with getting wipers. They are different from the standard wipers on most cars but you should be able to get them in an Audi dealers. As for the service costs thats pretty much what i pay too.

Could be that your front wheels need to be balanced or your discs are warped? more than likely balancing......

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks lads,
    I must contact the dealer in Ballina to see if they have any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

VW use unique wipers made by BOSCHE on most of their cars afaik so the A4 is probably the same. I think they cost in the region of €40 - €50 for both wipers from a main stealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

yeah the passat has very "stylish" rectangluar block framed wipers... was thinking they might be expensive.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I had a gander on Ebay but cannot find any for 02 A4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

This place seems to sell VW/Audi wipers. Check here

Although shipping might make it uneconomical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Vagparts.com have the blades at around €60 inc shipping & tax.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭want2play

€35 for the wipers, same bosch ones as Alfa 156

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Belgard charged my BIL € 900 for its first service at 20,000 miles, including front pads !

Rip off City !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

MercMad wrote:
    Belgard charged my BIL € 900 for its first service at 20,000 miles, including front pads !

Rip off City !!

What? Thats some rip off!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

MercMad wrote:

Rip off City !!
    breakdown please....thats one expensive bottle of windscreen washer fluid

Advertisement