Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Punto 60 SX 3 Door 1997 61,000 miles

Options
  • 09-10-2006 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Friends

I am looking for a car to use it for my trip to work from Kildare to dublin daily, I found this one, but I heard the fiat is not good choice, although I am looking for cheap car

so what do u think??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Whats the price? Bought a 1996 Punto new and it was an absolute disaster...the only thing that didn't give trouble was the engine everything else electrical and mechanical was replaced

I'm actually surprised a punto has lasted since 1997

Anything more than a couple of hundred quid for this would be a waste of money

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Furtzy's right, there are better options out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Buy an old Micra, cheap and chearful, and isn't a complete shítbox like a Fiat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Steer well clear! Well known for premature clutch failure problems, the Fiat Punto is Ireland's best selling clutch kit... Loads of other common problems associated with the Punto, if you put money in the glovebox and gave me a Fiat Punto I still wouldn't go near it...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

that said, the mileage is good, and people often have trouble free motoring. I just wouldn't take the chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

ive got a 1998 60 sx for €1750 if your interested. Mine was so reliable i'm buying another Fiat.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

These ratings say it all for me re Punto;
    http://www.cbg.ie/reader_reviews/rr_list.asp?OfficialM=62

Advertisement