Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum picking up

Options
  • 09-10-2006 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Anyone else noticing this forum picking up a little bit lately. We still need to increase the posting rate though so get some new topics going!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

See that? That's the kiss of death right there. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Yeah, goddamnit bombidol, if a server explodes or something I'm blaming you ;)

Being serious I have noticed the increased traffic in here and it's really good to see more people getting involved and interested. (Also means I have to exercise my modly duties more than once every 3 months, but why not?)

Trying to think of more ways to increase traffic through here and get people to come back more often. If anyone has suggestions or ideas, post 'em and we'll see what we can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

unfortunatly theres no other irish comic forums i can think of to advertise, but i reckon anyone with a blog/myspace/LJ/website should do up a link of some description?
    ill make a little banner thing so we can post it etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

boardscomic.gif

Just whipped it up , ill lash it on all my stuff anyway

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Could do, I guess. The only other forum I know of with a significant volume of traffic is millarworld, but while I've signed up I cant remember my account details, plus I'm worried that I'll get sucked into it and never be seen again...

How about having a bunch of different banners, or a small yoke that can be placed at the bottom of userpics for forums, etc? That way you can give the feeling of an overall design with different influences, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

How about banners or sigs for the comic competition?

It's a no barriers entry discussion in some ways, as people don't have to have a depth of background knowledge, like they would on say an X-Men discussion.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

there is that lazy piece of me that wants someone else to make me a dinky winky pic to go in my sig advertising this joint

Advertisement