Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Retro Fitting Air Conditioning

Options
  • 09-10-2006 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Quick question...
    Is it possible to retro fit air conditioning to a car? If yes, is it expensive?
    The car in question is a Suzuki Vitara...

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hi Folks,

Quick question...
    Is it possible to retro fit air conditioning to a car? If yes, is it expensive?
    The car in question is a Suzuki Vitara...

Cheers

Yes it is possible to retro fit air conditioning but it is very expensive. It is money you will not get back when you trade the car. It would work out cheaper to trade up to a similar car that has it already factory fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

That's what I thought. I am looking to change my g/f's car and she wants a vitara (1997-1998 shape). Some have air-con, and so don't. Just trying to figure out the cost if we bought one without...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That's what I thought. I am looking to change my g/f's car and she wants a vitara (1997-1998 shape). Some have air-con, and so don't. Just trying to figure out the cost if we bought one without...

Doubt that a 97/98 Vitara with air con will be any more expensive at this stage than one without air con. The one with air con however will sell alot quicker though.

Try and see if you can get a Jap import. These are better equipped than Irish Vitaras. They would probably have full electronic climate controled air conditioning.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=506955
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=505655

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Thanks for the links but, we are looking for a diesel LWB one. I have seen two up north, but neither had air con. I'll probably have to go to the UK for one. The later irish or uk ones are pretty high spec. They have the revised dash and body cladding. Only thing missing is standard air con!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If you want, you could call a company in Ranelagh called ICE who retrofit air conditioning. At least you'll be aware of the cost. But as stated before, you won't get your money back when its time to sell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Get a jap import. condition will be far better than a 97/98 Irish model. (THat's if they do them in diesel..)

Advertisement