Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo VVT Hub Repair

Options
  • 09-10-2006 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a 2003 Volvo S40 Automatic (32K on clock). Making a funny drrrr sound. I brought it to the garage I purchased it from and they told me it was the Variable valve timing hub and would cost €700 to repair!
    Needless to say I'm not happy paying out that much when I'm also told it needs a huge service costing €500!
    I have rung around other Volvo dealers and the price is pretty much the same except for one who is half price.
    I'm a bit wary of the cheap one as I'm afraid they have mis-quoted me not having seen the car.

Is it normal for this large a differential?
    Another question, should I bother going to a main dealer or should I get it repaired in any garage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Been there, worn the T-Shirt.

Thankfully it was done under warranty by the dealer I had bought the car off - he had to send it to a main dealer to get the job done.

A few months later the MAF sensor went - estimated 400E from Volvo.

I traded the car in for a Mondeo at the earliest oppertunity and called it a day with the S40.

Advertisement