Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers on Friday?

Options
  • 09-10-2006 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭

I believe there was talk of beers for this Friday. Is that still going ahead? I mean, I'll be drunk but it'd be nice to have some company... :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭trixter

I believe there was talk of beers for this Friday. Is that still going ahead? I mean, I'll be drunk but it'd be nice to have some company... :)

wish I could join ya, but I am too far away and wouldnt make it in time :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Mmmm beer. It's been a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'll be there but I'm not sure what time. I'll have to see how many commitments I can wiggle my way out of........

Where is there anyway? The Franciscan leaves a bit of a walk if we end up in Purgatory afterwards. The LV has a lot of the same beers and is just over the river. How about going there?

I pass LV regularly in my car and all I see is tossers. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Its been a while since I had a good proper piss up :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

So we need someplace that
    a) isn't full of tossers,
    b) has reasonably good pints,
    c) is reasonably near to Purgatory and
    d) isn't the Brog.
    Oh, and e) is ginger friendly...

Suggestions anyone?

It's an impossible dream!

Ah, but you forget that my religion requires that I do 6 impossible things before breakfast! (God, I shouldn't be allowed to watch Voyager...or tell Robert Beltran that he's cool :() Where was I? Oh yes, a reasonably decent pub for Friday's beers... Is The Gateway too far away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭trixter

So we need someplace that
    Oh, and e) is ginger friendly...

Suggestions anyone?

Yes, I suggest that you explain 'ginger friendly' to me :D

Too far away from Purgatory? Is that the new black? I'm too old to go to places like that, people will start taking videos and posting them to GoogleTube with captions like "Mark Foley Spotted In Cork".

adam

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

not finished till nine and skint, so some joint that serves pineapple juice/rasa/britvic 55/tanora is essential

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

hmm drinkees in cork! No can do this weekend. Me be in sligo havign drinks instead.

trixter wrote:
    Yes, I suggest that you explain 'ginger friendly' to me :D

I am ginger, therefore I don't need any non-gingers giving me hassle... Got it?

Foxy nana. Heh.

adam /naughty

Yeah yeah, ye're all jealous of the foxy! Live with it, fools :D

TBH I have a foxy beard, but at least I have the sense to never let it grow. :)

Tbh I've never fancied being the strange bald chick of the group so the long flowing lock stay! Anyway, pintage and it's location. Time grows short, people...

I've always fancied being the strange bald man, but I'm actually going in the other direction at the moment. Perhaps when I go to some dodgy country where the less hair the better applies. Aaaaanyway, beer...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i suggest town, after half nine

Where in town? Did I mention "not the Brog"? Erm, The Slate is...*searches for the correct word*...ok.

• Advertisement

Christ you lot are a picky bunch! :rolleyes: What ever happened to looking for a bar that served alcohol and being damn glad of it?!?!?!? :p

JohnK's house it is then! Better make a few trips to the offie before we descend, John...

Ah, but my house isn't a bar so its exempt :p

Nonetheless...

i like the slate wehn they dont get anal about my id, grrrrr

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

My suggestions :

Slate
    Newport (might be the wrong name - that place near the bottom of Barrack street near the copshop)
    The green place across the road from Scotts
    An Spailpin Fanac (or however the name's bloody spelt)
    Nancy Spains

Any takers for any of the above?

(IF I was able to afford booze, I'd say it's time for another crawl. But guess who's short on cash...nonetheless, a crawl in the near future is a good idea)

Now now Fysh, that's what money lenders are for. Its not like you actually need your kneecaps is it?

gateway is the joint by the garda barracks on barrack st. the newport is an awful awful pub on paul street.
    i rather like the gateway, havent been up there in a few months. and walking all the way up there will save me a few mins of drinking time....

the ovens is the green place across from scotts.

They have Erdinger in the Gateway. Nuff said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

They have Erdinger pretty much everywhere now. The Gateway it is so? I'd say it'll be 10 before I get there.

Advertisement