Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a playstation 2 through a PC

Options
  • 09-10-2006 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Is it possible to connect up a PS2, and use it through a PC?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

eh, what?

More info?

Do you mean play it on a PC monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Is it possible to plug in a PS2 into the back of a PC and then use the PS2 through the PC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Dreamcrusher

yes. just plug the ps2 pads into the usb slots and connect the SCART cable into the flux capacitor

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Eh, No baldie.

Can I ask? Why would you want to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Maybe you mean directly into a PC monitor using VGA?

• Advertisement

Eh, No baldie.

Can I ask? Why would you want to?

I want to set up my PC and my PS2 in the one room but there isn't much room for a TV and a PC desk, so I thought I'd put the two together. How would I go about plugging the PS2 into the monitor?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There might be a VGA cable for the PS2. If not you could get (and probably better off getting) a PS2 composite cable if your monitor supports the composite imput.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    There might be a VGA cable for the PS2. If not you could get (and probably better off getting) a PS2 composite cable if your monitor supports the composite imput.

Where would I get a composite cable, or a VGA cable for the PS2?

Sorry for all the stupid questions......:o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

You might need some kinda vga box to allow the ps2 outputs become vga inputs for your monitor.

Some PS2 games are 480p so there would be an advantage there if you can output at that definition.

I certainly see the differene on my xbox connected with a VD-Z3

For a least of games see here - http://hdgames.net/

zabbo wrote:
    You might need some kinda vga box to allow the ps2 outputs become vga inputs for your monitor.

Some PS2 games are 480p so there would be an advantage there if you can output at that definition.

I certainly see the differene on my xbox connected with a VD-Z3

For a least of games see here - http://hdgames.net/

Is anybody using a VD-Z3 for a playstation to a PC? If so, is it any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

My brother plays his Xbox through his laptop. He's got a TV card for his laptop, which takes those three inputs (red, yellow, and white). So he just took the three wires out of the scart connection for the xbox and robert is your father's brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I got myself a little tv card and plugged the PS2 into it and got a some software that came with the card to play the PS2 in a window on the main windows desktop. It's possible but fiddly.

humanji wrote:
    I got myself a little tv card and plugged the PS2 into it and got a some software that came with the card to play the PS2 in a window on the main windows desktop. It's possible but fiddly.

Cheers, I'm finally getting somewhere. I have the below graphics card in my pc. Will this card take the playstation connections. I'm not at the PC at the moment so I cannot check for myself. https://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=119625

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

Probably wont, you'll need a composite connection somewhere on your PC like a new video card or a TV card, and even still i got it work a good while ago with a PS2 and it's not all that great theres a slight delay in the game play which really gets annoying when you keep dying/crashing/flipping/flopping/falling/get eatin before your PC even shows it.

humanji wrote:

Humanji,

What type of TV card did you get?

Advertisement