Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Check your penalty points

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

I was under the presumption the squad cars(with John Q. Garda pointing a device at you) (as opposed to the gatso vans) used LIDAR, and as such had to stop you to nick you - whereas the fixed and van gatsos just took your picture and the notice arrived in the post later... am I correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,064 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I was under the presumption the squad cars(with John Q. Garda pointing a device at you) (as opposed to the gatso vans) used LIDAR, and as such had to stop you to nick you - whereas the fixed and van gatsos just took your picture and the notice arrived in the post later... am I correct?
    as far as i know, there are a couple of squad cars that have the equipment so they don't have to stop you. There are not many, but they exist, from what i have read on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,550 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Fey! wrote:
    I know that this is OT, but is this "Boards Motors - dig up old threads day"???

I should hope not! Closed...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement