Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iberia: Flight Delay

Options
  • 09-10-2006 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭

I recently went to Madrid on a flight that was due to leave at 1855.

I arrived at the airport in plenty of time, and check-in. No delay was reported to me when I asked. At about 1730 a delay was reported on the boards - til 2030 ... this meant me missing my connection to Santiago in Madrid.

I went out to the desk and they said wait at the gate, arrangements would be made for a stay of 1 night in Madrid in order to catch the next flight to Santiago. We got food vouchers at this stage. At 2030 the delay was extended to 2315. The gate was changed and no one was manning the new gate. Eventually someone came out and told passengers in dribs and drabs of the possibility of a cancellation. At 2130 or so the flight was officially delayed until the next day - as the flight crew had gone over the clock time allowed. We were told to collect our luggage and arrangements would be made in the check in area.

A new ticket was issued to me and I was told I could have accomodation if needed or a taxi ride to/from the airport. I elected to stay at home as they were taking ages to sort accomodation. I reconfirmed the time for the next morning and left. Well pissed off!

Anyway as is my habit I wanted to treble check the time the next day so phone Iberia ... the agent first told me the flight had left on time. I asked to speak to a superior and was cut off. I tried again eventually to be told the flight was leaving at 2300 - get back to the airport. I was skeptical and rang Dublin Airport information desk where I got 2 distinct answers. Tonight at 2300 or tomorrow at 1100. I rushed back to the airport arriving at 2220 or so imagining the worst. Of course the delay was until tomorrow I was retold by the desk. Super pissed off!

Next day I arrived on time and well long story short the plane left around 1245 that day.

So well over 12 hours, running around like a lunatic I am really annoyed. I believe I am entitled to a refund of the DUB->MAD sector as this was effectively 'cancelled'? Iberia are not of that opinion they state it was delayed not cancelled?

Anyone else know? Cheers.

Comments

Advertisement