Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DI-624 wireless router and digiweb help

Options
  • 09-10-2006 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

got in digiweb today and installed my router to the pc ethernet to router port and wan connection to the modem .

i havee internet but how do i get my laptop running?? do i have to do something on the laptop to run it using wireless???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

thegame wrote:
    got in digiweb today and installed my router to the pc ethernet to router port and wan connection to the modem .

i havee internet but how do i get my laptop running?? do i have to do something on the laptop to run it using wireless???

Log into the Routers wireless setup page - http://192.168.0.1/h_wireless.html

Make sure the "Wireless Radio" selection is set to On.

Specify a name for your network in the SSID field.

Set the Authentication to WPA-PSK.

Enter a sentence as the passphrase - for example
    my router to the pc ethernet to router port
    (Just something easier for you to remember, but hard for someone to guess).

Apply the changes

On the laptop, go to the Control Panel, select Network and Internet Connections and run the Wireless Network Wizard Setup.

Select Set Up a new Wireless Network.

Enter the SSID that you assigned on the router.

Select "Manually assign a network key".

Check the Use WPA box at the bottom of the form and click next.

Select Set up Manually, and then enter the passphrase you set above.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

tryed that mate still nothing on the laptop :(

thegame wrote:
    tryed that mate still nothing on the laptop :(
    Well, without a lot more information from you, the best that anyone here can do is guess at what's going on.

For a start, are you sure you've got a wireless adapter in the laptop? If you do, is it turned on?

for some reason on the laptop i try to enable the wireless card and it just wont it keeps disablin itself and i tryed repair option but no joy

thegame wrote:
    for some reason on the laptop i try to enable the wireless card and it just wont it keeps disablin itself and i tryed repair option but no joy

Many laptops wth built in wireless adapters have a physical switch to allow you to turn off the adpater to save power, and for security reasons.

(mutters about wasting time describing how to set up wireless because the OP didn't bother to describe the actual problem)

• Advertisement

sorry mate,got it working now ,thanks,should have noted that before doh!!!

my laptop is on wireless and its working fine but now and again it goes down a lot it disconnects and then reconnects back on again

is there anyway i can prevent it from happening

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

change channel in wireless setup , a neighbour could be using the same channel as you , there are 12 or so channels and the default is usually 7 so pick another such as 11 .

no change required on laptop only on router.

Advertisement