Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digiweb speed problem?.

Options
  • 09-10-2006 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

hello i,m on digiweb wireless broadband for the last few months and it was ok.
    but over the last few weeks i get a lot of disconnnects,so i plug out everything for a few minutes and its back,but i still get a lot of disconnecting.

and now i have discovered i only have about 7kb download speed,discovered this a few nights ago when i was trying to download some files,i used to have at 56kb download speeds but now its dreadfull.

i did quite a bit of downloading but don,t reckon i have gone over my 10gb a month allowance,anyone any ideas on what might be wrong?.

i phoned digiweb accounts to ask was there anything on my account that might be causing this,she said no it seemed fine.then i rang techical support had to hang up on hold all day have emailed them as well not heard from them at all.

anyone else suffered this?what might be the cause or problem thanks.
    i,m on the 512k down and 128 up package.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Which kind of Digiweb Wireless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

http://www.digiweb.ie/athome_broadband_wireless_index.asp?i=2&i2=5&i6=32

thats the one i,m on,its got antenna on chimney.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Whereabouts are you located? What transmitter would you think you are served by?

i,m in southeast kilkenny.was on the phone this evening to digiweb support and the checked everything from there base and the said my antenna and signal is fine,the must be able to read this from there head quarters.

so the told me on the phone the would email be a download link for a file and for me to send them back a picture of the file downloading as the would see my poor download speed,the said the will give the details to a engineer.
    after this i don,t know what the problem might be.

i,m
    Whereabouts are you located? What transmitter would you think you are served by?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

hawker27 wrote:
    hello i,m on digiweb wireless broadband for the last few months and it was ok.
    but over the last few weeks i get a lot of disconnnects,so i plug out everything for a few minutes and its back,but i still get a lot of disconnecting.

and now i have discovered i only have about 7kb download speed,discovered this a few nights ago when i was trying to download some files,i used to have at 56kb download speeds but now its dreadfull.

i did quite a bit of downloading but don,t reckon i have gone over my 10gb a month allowance,anyone any ideas on what might be wrong?.

i phoned digiweb accounts to ask was there anything on my account that might be causing this,she said no it seemed fine.then i rang techical support had to hang up on hold all day have emailed them as well not heard from them at all.

anyone else suffered this?what might be the cause or problem thanks.
    i,m on the 512k down and 128 up package.

Send me your WIR number and ill get it checked out.

• Advertisement

have sent a number of emails to digiweb and i,m still waiting for a reply,my service is still pathetic,makes you wonder about a companys support line.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

hawker27 wrote:
    have sent a number of emails to digiweb and i,m still waiting for a reply,my service is still pathetic,makes you wonder about a companys support line.

Email is impersonal. Dont just email, call support.

read the thread,i have phoned them to.

Did you send your details to Chaz? Thats your best bet to get the problem sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Hawker27,

Your speed is slow as you have been capped down.

All Metro, DSL and Wireless Clients can check their traffic stats here:

mytraffic.digiweb.ie

A fair bit of work has been done to get the systems in place to report and cap as well as fixing issues where clients could not see their traffic due to proxy / other type settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

chaz..mine is dreadfully slow in limerick as well...checked it on isp test and I'm only getting approx 600k/480k as opposed to 2.8m/480k.
    It's not my cap as I'm only used 18.8G out of 30G.
    Can you check it out for limerick. Tried ringing support but no joy as I'm not finished work till late in the evening.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm on a wired package and also running a bit slow. 335 down, 209 up. Mytraffic says i'm still in the clear by a gig or so.

the download speed seems to be a nationwide problem despite mine been capped

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

hawker27 wrote:
    the download speed seems to be a nationwide problem despite mine been capped

who told you that?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yehh!! all fine again..sweet,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 dyslexixboy

event wrote:
    who told you that?
    what the hell has this got to do with the thread, all you seem to do is post crap in digiweb threads? do you work for them? or just another spam post? The mods should delete your useless post.

digiwebs service has gone to ****e in the last week for me and also a mate of mine in dundalk. In my case they tell me its the trees, which really is a contradiction when theres less leaves on the trees now than there has been all summer when the connection was fine. However my mate doesnt have such problems and guess what hes also getting the same ****e speeds.

chaz..mine is dreadfully slow in limerick as well...checked it on isp test and I'm only getting approx 600k/480k as opposed to 2.8m/480k.
    It's not my cap as I'm only used 18.8G out of 30G.
    Can you check it out for limerick. Tried ringing support but no joy as I'm not finished work till late in the evening.

Its contention. At 3 in the morning the speedtest registers the full amount.
    At 8pm at night it is a quarter of that.

Its always download. Upload seems always to be the full 512.

Its not just a DSL issue, the Metro service is also affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

what the hell has this got to do with the thread, all you seem to do is post crap in digiweb threads? do you work for them? or just another spam post? The mods should delete your useless post.

digiwebs service has gone to ****e in the last week for me and also a mate of mine in dundalk. In my case they tell me its the trees, which really is a contradiction when theres less leaves on the trees now than there has been all summer when the connection was fine. However my mate doesnt have such problems and guess what hes also getting the same ****e speeds.

no i dont work for them

all i post in is digiweb threads?

:rolleyes:

fair enough so, ill stop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Leave the moderating up to the moderators dyslexixboy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭opinionated

I am on digiweb bizwave fwa and was wondering what should the transfer rate be when downloading?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

1 Mb is the bizwave speed on the site anyways so around 95k download speed i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

Do Digiweb punish for going over the download quota?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

There is an automated system in place which will throttle you if you go over your quota which can be monitored at http://mytraffic.digiweb.ie

Asok wrote:
    There is an automated system in place which will throttle you if you go over your quota which can be monitored at http://mytraffic.digiweb.ie
    That page doesnt work for me...whats up?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Contact Digiweb. You must be on a new base?

What does it mean
    watty wrote:
    a new base?
    ?

From http://www.bandwidthplace.com
    Communications 95.3 kilobits per second
    Storage 11.6 kilobytes per second
    1MB file download 1.5 minutes
    Subjective rating Slow

I am on Bizwave 1mb...is this right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Bandwidthplace is in the US. If you want to do a speed test, do it against an Irish host, such as http://www.speedtest.ie/ or http://www.irishisptest.com/

Foxwood wrote:
    Bandwidthplace is in the US. If you want to do a speed test, do it against an Irish host, such as http://www.speedtest.ie/ or http://www.irishisptest.com/
    Okay,

speedtest.ie said:
    Download: 91.5kbps
    Upload: 21.6kbps

irishisptest.com said:
    Download: 97.1kbps
    Upload: 17.9kbps

I am on the wireless bizwave package and have not gone over the quota...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Okay,

speedtest.ie said:
    Download: 91.5kbps
    Upload: 21.6kbps

irishisptest.com said:
    Download: 97.1kbps
    Upload: 17.9kbps

I am on the wireless bizwave package and have not gone over the quota...
    Those speeds are pretty abysmal for a 1Mbps service.

Advertisement