Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digiweb speed problem?.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rollox

Had similar problem of speeds dropping off to near dial up speeds. Contacted digiweb and they said it should be fine.
    Eventually fixed it by reseting the Thomson modem by sticking pin in reset hole. This reset it to factory default and speeds returned to normal. Not sure why this fixed it but it did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 willm5866

Man this is absolute bull.i never signed up for this.Im with digiweb about 6 months now and never before did this happen.The internet is running so slow it's not even funny.Never mind the fact that nothing even buffers but 4 gods sake a bebo page takes almost 3 minutes to load.Msn instant messenger? No f.....g message can even send! Im not payin almost 40 quid a month 4 this s..t! Screw that.

I for one am canceling my membership with this network and moving to perlico:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

willm5866 wrote: »
    Man this is absolute bull.i never signed up for this.Im with digiweb about 6 months now and never before did this happen.The internet is running so slow it's not even funny.Never mind the fact that nothing even buffers but 4 gods sake a bebo page takes almost 3 minutes to load.Msn instant messenger? No f.....g message can even send! Im not payin almost 40 quid a month 4 this s..t! Screw that.

I for one am canceling my membership with this network and moving to perlico:mad:

Really perlico??? Your just right to complain and move but at least consider moving to someone decent.....

Did you report your problems to digiweb? whats was the response?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

willm5866:

Are you sure you haven't exceeded your cap? If you do, you get slower speeds (about double dial-up) until you go back under it for a bit. However, if your cap was exceeded by heavy downloading on your connection running 24/7 (e.g. runaway filesharing software) and that is still going on, it will make the slower connection pretty much unusable. Check what your PC is doing in the background and make sure you aren't saturating your own connection.

Advertisement