Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL monopoly score-board for the EU-25 incumbents

Options
  • 09-10-2006 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

I attach a table showing the market shares of incumbents in the DSL broadband market in the EU25 member states. The EU has done a poor job in terms of opening up the local loop market. The same goes for the national regulatory authorities, with the exception of France, Sweden, Netherlands, Germany and Finland.

Bottom of the class include:

Where the incumbent holds 90% + of the market:

Spain
    Britain
    Luxembourg
    Greece
    Ireland
    Slovenia
    Belgium
    Estonia

Countries where incumbent holds 100% of the market:
    Cyprus
    Czekia
    Hungary
    Latvia
    Lithuania
    Malta
    Poland
    Slovakia

Please see attached for further detail.

.probe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

probe wrote:
    I attach a table showing the market shares of incumbents in the DSL broadband market in the EU25 member states. The EU has done a poor job in terms of opening up the local loop market. The same goes for the national regulatory authorities, with the exception of France, Sweden, Netherlands, Germany and Finland.

Bottom of the class include:

Where the incumbent holds 90% + of the market:

Spain
    Britain
    Luxembourg
    Greece
    Ireland
    Slovenia
    Belgium
    Estonia

Countries where incumbent holds 100% of the market:
    Cyprus
    Czekia
    Hungary
    Latvia
    Lithuania
    Malta
    Poland
    Slovakia

Please see attached for further detail.

.probe

right lets see ....Germany, France, Sweden, Netherlands and Finland are in the "Good" grouping with more than 20% unbundled. mmmmm lets see who have the best and most widely availible broadband products???
    oh yeah France Netherlands Sweden ect ect .......oh i wonder if there could be any connection?***

***Mild Sarcasm

Advertisement