Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm totally infatuated about girlfriend

• 09-10-2006 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Yup, I know it's wrong, but I can't help it.
    Seeing this girl for over 4 months, and I know I'm totally infatuated about her. - I really don't want to use to word 'obsessed' here.
    However, I don't act it towards her and try and back away from being too clingy (as I'd know she'd probably run a mile), but it's eating myself now.
    For instance, if she doesn't email or txt me back, I keep thinking the worst. I can't wait to see her again and I cant bear to think what it'd be like without her. I think about her so often during the day and try to focus on other things in my life.
    We don't live together, and have only slept together a few times.
    I'm really annoyed at myself for getting to this stage, as I'm afraid I could end up messing things up now by freaking her out, or my really setting myself up for a big fall.
    Anyone ever feel the same and change / make it work?
    Can I control this?
    I've tried to tell her I love her, but I've always done it after a few drinks and she told be I was drunk.
    I guess whats making things worse is that I don't feel the same strong affection back. She is somewhat affectionate, but nowhere near as I'd like or expect. She's a very independant and headstrong girl, and that a feature I admire about her.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Isn't this just the way most people are in the early stages of their realtionship, where they can't get enough of being around each other etc? :confused:DON'T only tell her that you love her when you've been drinking, if you really do or think you do at least have the basic decency to be sober when you tell her this. As to when this period of your relationship ends, these feelings change into something different, no less important but different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I've tried to tell her I love her, but I've always done it after a few drinks and she told be I was drunk.
    If you can't manage to say "I love you" while sober I don't think you're quite at the point of being obsessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Pappa-eat-peach

Love has struck you pretty bad! I know the feeling, though it is slightly different circumstances in our case.

If you love her, tell her. Life is too short to hide your feelings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You can't really control things in that stage of a relationship imo as you are both finding out things about each other. You need to express your feelings more to your partner and be a bit more open, without zee drink. :) Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Cut the booze out the next time you share feelings with her.
    I guess whats making things worse is that I don't feel the same strong affection back. She is somewhat affectionate, but nowhere near as I'd like or expect. She's a very independant and headstrong girl, and that a feature I admire about her.
    Chill out and take it easy. What's the hurry? She is only seeing you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

We're you a virgin before you met her? As in would this.. new infatuation go with being.. introduced to something new also, like sex ? You'll ruin in totally, if you keep going on like this, you must .. learn to relax.. relationships are best when you are being youself around someone else who is doing the same, yet have your own... freedom.. space like. You should be satisfied knowing she is with you, and not running off with the milkman.. it's called trust..

I dunno what I was really getting at there...

TK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭upthere

Marry her sur,
    in about 20 years time you can always trade her in for a newer model. You are not thinking that now, but wait till a few years and see how infatuated you are. Unless you are actually in love with her, then i think lots wud envy you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

unreggylad20s
    It's the 'honeymoon' period, normally lasts for around 6 months or so, before it calms down.
    It's great and you should just enjoy it.
    Try not to tell her how you feel when drunk, keep it for a nice romantic evening when you're sober.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

In the words of Billy Joel: "Tell her about it!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Im in EXACTLY the same position, not quite 4 months yet but Im always bottling how I feel about her up inside for fear of her freaking at the thought of me being obsessed with her...I like her so much that its the first time Ive found it really hard to play it cool with a girl...Everything is fine when we're together but when we are apart I get paranoid sometimes that shes not as interested as she "says"...I hear you with the email and text things too...unfortunatly I dont think theres anything you can do , its drives me nuts too believe me - Im just hoping these horrible feelings I get pass and that she'll realise just how much Im worth it :)

Advertisement