Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping Behind the Wheel

Options
  • 09-10-2006 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Ive had this dream twice in the last few weeks where I'm driving but I'm so tired that I can't keep my eyes open, and I keep hitting into things. And in it I'm so scared and worried that I cant drive - its a horrible dream and is freeking me out a bit. Anyone else have this dream?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

I use to dream of things like that when I was learning to drive, stress related of course but none the less bloody nerve racking when you have to get into the car the next morning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I've been so tired from lack of sleep while driving at night that I fall asleep at the wheel, but I see the road in my dream as if awake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I've always wondered whether this is resprensentative of something else, like loss of control over something in your life, because I used to have these sort of dreams quite a lot (and before I learned to drive). Still do occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭maggz

Thanks Kolodny
    I'm usually pretty good at making a guess at what my dreams mean but couldnt figure this one out. Pretty obvious really :D
    Makes sense to a few things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Remoids me of a very bad joke someone once told me...

Nah! I can't tell it well enough.

But if it's a scary enough dream, write about it!
    Maybe it'll be a best selling horror story!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭maggz

If i was to write about all the night mares and dreams I have I reckon I could write a book. I guess thats what happens when you watch too many scary movies.

Advertisement