Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Semis draw

• 09-10-2006 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Not much interest in this from the regular posters here :p

Anyone but Derry away, heard mad rumour both Dublin clubs to be at home so tg4 can show both games if true more fuel to the "ridden rock solid" debate.

Draw on 6-1 news

Pats
    Rovers
    Derry
    Sligo

Tbh any 2 of those sets of fans would make the final a decent game. I just hope im one of them, doubtful but we can dream.....

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Pats or Shams in the Showgrounds please. Either of those away would be a good game too. Not Derry at the Brandywell though, that would be a very tough task indeed.

Outside of Derry, I can't really pick a winner out of the other three. Rovers are the next best team IMO but if we show the defensive frailties that we did against Killester, we won't be getting anywhere near the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Any ideas on where the final will be?

Tolka?

Landsdowne?

Croker? :p

Cyprus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

WOuld take any of the 3 at home and fancy our chances, Derry away no, Sligo away would expect a replay as we +1 with them for the season. Fancy rovers home or away.

But this the cup so.....

kdjac

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kdjac

Sligo vs Derry
    Rovers vs Pats

:D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Nice one, you were dying for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

seansouth wrote:
    Nice one, you were dying for that.

I'm sure Ollie was as well. ;)

Cup Final to be last footie game in LR before it's knocked down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Interesting draw(well any draw would have been with the four teams left) .

I'd expect Derry to progress and the other draw is a pickem .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Fancy Pats to make it through their game and I wouldnt rule us out I'd say Sean will have the lads really fired up for this one and hopefully Paul McTiernan and Darren Mansaram are up front for us.

gustavo wrote:
    Fancy Pats to make it through their game and I wouldnt rule us out I'd say Sean will have the lads really fired up for this one and hopefully Paul McTiernan and Darren Mansaram are up front for us.

Buy you and Sligoman a pint if we both make the final :D

/always works god likes me buying beer for others :(

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Pat's - Rovers is going to be a massive game for both, through gritted teeth I am looking forward to it as a curious neutral. Will both sets of players produce a game anywhere near as exciting as the 4-3 effort between Pat's and the Big Club a few years back? Will many of the lapsed fans of both clubs come flooding back? Will it be advertised or marketed half as well as it could / should be? Will the Shed End Invincibles drag themselves out of McDowells for long enough to compete with Rovers on the colour front?

Promises to be interesting. The culchies should produce an exciting game or a stalemate, hard to call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Have to say, it's exactly the draw I wanted. We've already beaten Pat's in the League Cup so while it'll obviously be a very tough game, it's one we can definately win - especially given the form that Ger Rowe is showing the last few months.

I expect Derry to get the better of Sligo too. Given the fact that they won the League Cup does it mean that whoever gets to the final will automatically enter the Setanta Cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Given the fact that they won the League Cup does it mean that whoever gets to the final will automatically enter the Setanta Cup?

No. SC place moves to league.

Have to say, it's exactly the draw I wanted. We've already beaten Pat's in the League Cup so while it'll obviously be a very tough game, it's one we can definately win - especially given the form that Ger Rowe is showing the last few months.

heh yeah i a git this the 1`st thing i went looking for :D
    pats board wrote:
    Rovers cup tied players

Chris Breen, Mark O'Brien, Derek Pender, David McGill, Andy Myler and Paul Shiels

Anto Flood shouldnt be able to play either cos he's on loan from us.

2 in bold i was most interested in seeing not play, Fahey and Rooney cup tied for us so if our proepr midfield will play.

Cant wait tbh :D

kdjac

Advertisement