Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazil Grand Prix

• 09-10-2006 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

What a shame the japanese GP had to end the way it did, it makes for a very un-climatic ending at the Brazil grand prix, shame.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭themonk

well technically it not over yet ... if schumacher can cause a crash and hopefully take alonzo out then all is not lost ... somehow dangerous driving may not be on his mind ... also the weather could influence this gp too .... but ur right half the fun is gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭molateen

Havel wrote:
    What a shame the japanese GP had to end the way it did, it makes for a very un-climatic ending at the Brazil grand prix, shame.

_39300323_protest203.jpgThis will be me . I am going to my first Grand Prix next week .

Odds on if Schumacher gets a chance he will put Alonso in the wall . Its not like he hasnt tried before . The only differance is that he will have to do it without putting himself out . Either that or he will just order Massa or Ralph to do it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Havel

if your planning on running out on the track try heading for Alonso's car, end his race please.
    I don't think there will be any foul play on Schumachers part in trying to win the drivers championship, he didn't get away with it on Jacque so i don't think he'd try in again. I'd guess he's resigned to the fact that he's not going to win.
    I hope the unmistakably pro-Ferrrari FAI DQ Alonso for whatever stupid reason they can find and hope Schumacher wins that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Had the same idea myself molateen(I'll be goin to brazil too). Should still be a good GP and if Schumi does win the title there will be a lot of celebrating done that night. Dont think Schumi will do anything stupid, but Alonso might. I can see him trying something if say Schumi laps him or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

If Schumacher is going to win the title he's gonna need Alonso to get similar luck to him at Japan. I can't see him winning it. Renault will give Alonso the most reliable engine possible and it will tuned down to the max. It's gonna take an accident or something weirdly rotten to happen to Alonso to see Schumacher take it.

I'm still looking forward to the race because strange things do happen, it would be some way to bow out if Schumacher did somehow win it.

• Advertisement

I think Alonso will race to win in Brazil, he's too much of a natural born racer to out there for 8th place or something like that. I reckon he wants to end the season with a win, so if Schumacher also races to win maybe he can force Alonso's engine to blow up, but thats not likely seen as its a new engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭molateen

Alonso will not win in Brazil . That is for sure . If he finishes he will finish 5th or 6th . Renault have allready come out saying that Alonso will be given a safe engine in Brazil .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'd love to see another of those monsoon-style Brazilian GPs like in 2003. We really don't have enough wet races these days. Back when I were a lad, you could count on at least 3 during the year.

what renault want and what Alonso wants could be different, they want a comfortable points paying position, he wants a win. Of course, this is all based on my opinion of Alonso's character, i could horribly wrong.
    Yeah, a few more races in the rain would be nice, esp in Monaco, i like rain in Monaco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Havel wrote:
    what renault want and what Alonso wants could be different, they want a comfortable points paying position, he wants a win. Of course, this is all based on my opinion of Alonso's character, i could horribly wrong.
    Yeah, a few more races in the rain would be nice, esp in Monaco, i like rain in Monaco.

Actually I think it'll be the opposite, Alonso wants a point for his drivers championship and the team want the win for the constructors championship.

And I really don't think its Alonso's style to go for the win when he doesn't need to, he certainly won his 2005 title by never pushing the car too hard, and he hasn't exactly pushed for wins this year since the Ferrari became strong, he just inheritted one from Michael retiring and found himself at the front in the two wet races because of overwhelming Michelin superiority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

It's gonna be very hard for Schumacher to win the championship at Brazil. He needs to win and he needs Alonso to score nothing.

The odds of that happening are VERY slim - as Renault are reported to be giving Alonso the most reliable engine they can get, and also Schmuahcer still has to beat the rest of the pack to the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭v10

Robbo wrote:
    I'd love to see another of those monsoon-style Brazilian GPs like in 2003. We really don't have enough wet races these days. Back when I were a lad, you could count on at least 3 during the year.
    tbh I hope its dry only because the wet races this year haven't provided much competition between Renault and Ferrari due to tyres. Next year when all tyres are equal then I say bring on the rain .. I hate races where 1 brand of tyre is obviously 'much' better than the other and determines the result.

v10 wrote:
    I hate races where 1 brand of tyre is obviously 'much' better than the other

I do too, but i do like the races with changing weather and track conditions as you see the track turn to Mic and then Bridge or vice versa, adds another element of competition. I wish there was a tyre war again next year, Goodyear anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Alonso should win the championship easily, all he needs is any points finish, he'll be taking it nice an easy, Alonso is no mug, % driving when needs be.

Schumi will be pushing like mad for a win, last race, go out on a high. +Sch should try and salvage some 'honour' and win this >>>>FAIRLY<<< from the front. FIA should impose a massive fine if he tries anything dodgy in the last race........as schumi will be auto guilty if he tries it on.

Fisi will be trying to get a win in, or good result as he will be trying to mark out lead driver at Renault next yr.

GO FERNANDO!

Advertisement