Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semi-automatic shotguns.

Options
  • 09-10-2006 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm considering changing my pump to a semi-auto and I have a Beretta in mind, however, speaking to my gun dealer this morning he has two for sale, a new one at just over €1,500 and a second hand one for just over €1,000. I prefer to always go new but feel this price is too high. I would be trading in the pump.

Has anyone any recent experience on buying a new Beretta for less than €1,500, if so where could I start to look?

Cheers...

TJ911...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Smart move not mentioning the name of the gun otherwise people would lead you around in circles suggesting other brands.

I would suggest Kevin from Newmarket on Fergus in CO. Clare. Usually very cheap. Check the latest issues of the Irish shooters digest for an add by him in it.

If your pump is in good nick and he wants 1500 euro plus your gun you are being robbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Gun dealer based in Galway city has a website online with prices up too. Here's the shotgun section

http://www.shoot.ie/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_23

I'm not involved with the shop incase the powers that be think I'm advertising :D

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

If you do get a second hand Beretta semi and it's a Teknys make sure it's been back to the factory before you buy - there was a worldwide recall due to the finish on the action 'bubbling' - otherwise you'll have a 6 month wait ahead of you ;)
    It's a fine gun really - I shoot a lot of clays with mine and after a bit of fiddling it'll shoot 24/9's all day long without a problem.
    Takes a lot of cleaning though and needs a good strip down now and again.

Beretta/Sako/Tikka (all handled by Ardee sports in Ireland) after sales is brutal so be warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭flight93

Agreed lurcher, needs alot of cleaning but wont let you down if you keep it clean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭17REM

teknys dosent miss a beat very good gun. have mine bout two years now no sight of any bubbles is it safe enough? got mine in duffys in galway good price too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

17REM: You should have been contacted by them to get the gun sent back.
    Maybe they don't have your number?
    If I was you I'd ring Ardee and get them to find out if your serial number is part of the recall - they were sending them back regardless of whether it's showing any signs now or not.

I'd get a firm date for when it'll be back to you - they'll tell you 'sob stories' of how Beretta aren't compensating them for shipping etc. but that's not your concern.

It's only cosmetic damage that the fault is causing but if you go to trade in your gun you can be sure the dealer will ask if it was already repaired - if it wasn't they're not going to want to know I'd guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭17REM

thanks lurcher ill give ardee a ring 2moro to see wat the story is thanks. id go round the twist if i have to wait six months for it to come back tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Thanks all for the replies. JG that is an excellent website, cheers.....

TJ911...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Shoot.ie is a great website brian is very easy to deal with and gives good advice also service is great and extremely quick.

My deal went as follows rang him up wednesday to ask him about things i was ordering placed the order online that day sent off my rifle licence on thursday he got it on friday (also emailed me to let me know he got it) another email on monday saying the stuff had been sent off and courier arived tuesday with the goods.

Also to put it in context he's in galway i order from cork and things were posted to kilkenny so i cant see how it could have been much quicker

Advertisement