Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

what avensis! decisions decisions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

06 model trip computer l/100km or km/l only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

colm_mcm wrote:
    yeah, not sure if it can be fitted to the 03-06 pre facelift model. but on the newer type 06,
    avensis%20interior1.jpg
    the mode button (round button on the left of the wheel) controls the handsfree when held down for 2 seconds. (when handsfree isn't fitted, holding down mode button for 2 seconds switches radio off) it is all voice activated and very simple to use.

There is a button on the older 03-06 avensis steering wheel on the right which controls the trip computer. To my knowledge, if a Toyota handsfree is fitted, this button works the handsfree, if held down for 2 seconds.

is there much work involved in installing this toyota bluetooth kit?
    also is voice commands the only option , for using it ? or is there buttons that can be used? ie to scroll through phonebook...

cheers

what_car wrote:
    is there much work involved in installing this toyota bluetooth kit?
    also is voice commands the only option , for using it ? or is there buttons that can be used? ie to scroll through phonebook...

cheers

As far as I can see you can use voice tags, or call out the persons number. there is no display so everything is done via talking menus, a bit like when you ring Axa and the computer asks you what services you require!

well i picked up the new car, drives great and fuel economy is great too,...

one niggly issue, is that the two front headlamps in the evening have a bit of condensation on the inside of the light.... the passenger one had a fair bit of condensation last night but by this morning was gone, but however the drivers side headlight has always a bit of condensation in it...

bit annoying on a brand new car.

went back to the dealer and he said he has to contact toyota to see what they want to do...

i did a google search and found out that this was an issue with earlier avensis models,

is there an easy way to fix this? other than replace both headlamps?

im not sure the garage would be able to align the headlamps back to factory specification if they replaced them.(is there much involved in aligning them,. or is it a case of just putting the new ones in)....and i dont want them pulling a new car apart!!!!

:mad:

I haven't seen this problem on any of the facelifted Avensis yet, It was an issue on the older type as some of the headlight unit would melt and cause condensation (also causing the bulb holder to detach from the unit, and go out of focus - also common on 03 Almeras) Given that the car is under warranty, you'll get them replaced for free.

Re: worries about alignment, all Toyota garages will use approved headlight alignment gear, BTW headlight alignment is adjusted in the pre delivery inspection anyway.

• Advertisement

its a pain with a new car!

there must be a production fault with these headlights, cause the 2 of them have some condensation in them,,

sometimes it goes away then sometimes its back

perspex lenses are very vulnerable to condensation.

colm_mcm wrote:
    perspex lenses are very vulnerable to condensation.

of the many new cars ive owned , with perspex lights, i have never seen this issue before.......mmm the PDI inspection should have picked this out...

what_car wrote:
    of the many new cars ive owned , with perspex lights, i have never seen this issue before.......mmm the PDI inspection should have picked this out...

not necesserily, it only happens in certain conditions, eg. after the headlamps have been on, and then cool down, or in cold or rainy conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

colm_mcm wrote:
    not necesserily, it only happens in certain conditions, eg. after the headlamps have been on, and then cool down, or in cold or rainy conditions.

It happens with my Focus, and pretty much every other one I have seen. Ford regard it as normal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭damo605

My father had the same problem with his 04 Avensis which is (obviously) pre facelift and Toyota had a fix for it under warranty, was actually a recall if I remember right?

damo605 wrote:
    My father had the same problem with his 04 Avensis which is (obviously) pre facelift and Toyota had a fix for it under warranty, was actually a recall if I remember right?

the recall was more to do with the lamps going out of focus due to park of the bulb holder detaching from the unit, but condensation was a symptom too.

well first tank of diesel used and got 920 km from it.. not bad at all from first tank of fuel on a new avensis 2L diesel 575miles.

suppose when it breaks in proper ill get more!

cool.

yeah, there'll also be less turbo lag after a few thousand kilometers, they get nice and free when they get a bit of mileage on them

maidhc wrote:
    It happens with my Focus, and pretty much every other one I have seen. Ford regard it as normal.

the moisture now has completely gone!

Woohoo! it fixed itself. go Toyota!

the luna badge on the back of my new avensis was never put on.
    despite numerous calls to the dealer who said he would post it out, nothing arrived.

calls to toyota ireland customer service ,well they dont want to know.

also the pdi on the car was not done properly, with a sticky substance left on the alloys, and paintwork, and an oily footprint in the carpet in the rear, nicely covered with a mat.

i wouldnt buy a mars bar from this garage...and there impossible to get hold of,,, put in 15 calls to them one day ...none were returned, when i called in the 16th time i got someone............once they get ur money the dont care.

Funny one - the Luna badge isn't available as a part from Toyota. PM me your address and I'll post you one out. I have a few lying around.

Some dealers don't fit the luna badges to diesels as the D-4D badge goes where the grade badge usually sits.

You will be receiving a questionaire from Toyota in the next few weeks, point out the faults on the comment card.

Advertisement