Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jeep/Van rental with a tow-bar?

Options
  • 09-10-2006 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

I asked this question at the start of the summer but my neighbour saved me and offered me a lend of their wagon - I think it would be cheeky even dropping a hint at them again, I cannot take their generousity for granted!

Basicly I need to go over to the UK in the next 4 weeks to bring back a twin axle trailer so need a strong car/jeep/van. Does anyone know where I could rent any of the above but with a tow-bar?

Or does anyone have a banger that they want to lend me? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

colm_mcm wrote:
    The going to the UK bit may be a problem from an insurance point of view.

I will be providing my own insurance, I didnt ask for insurance opinions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 White Van Man

You won't find a van for rent with a towbar, not from a "reputable" company anyway.

Two reasons:
    1) Insurance
    2) They don't want a customer damaging their expensive van pulling some stupidly large weight on the back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭kyote00

prestige rentals in palmerstown do a Jeep with towbar (commercial jeep). Just had it last weeekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

kyote00 wrote:
    prestige rentals in palmerstown do a Jeep with towbar (commercial jeep). Just had it last weeekend.

what jeep do they rent out.also do they have a website

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

kyote00 wrote:

I forgot to mention that i'm in Galway :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement