Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Comreg Wrong...again

• 09-10-2006 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

I emailed this to Comreg this morning.
    Please take a look at http://www.meteor.ie/misc/roaming.html
    and update your UK roaming rates on your UK roaming rates page.

http://www.askcomreg.ie/mobile/uk_pricing.158.LE.asp

A consumer should not have to advise you of such facts!!!

Steve

They still haven't fixed it! How many days do you reckon it will take? Although in fairness Meteor only announced these new rates 6 weeks ago :rolleyes:

People say that the problem with comreg is that they have no power. But I reckon they are also just incompetent!

How long will it take?? 2 votes

It'll be done by the end of this week
    0% 0 votes
    Second Last week in October
    0% 0 votes
    Last week in October
    0% 0 votes
    Pfft...It's not happing in October
    100% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

They are incompetant (probably corrupt) and certainly powerless, the governement never gave them a pair of balls.

Then again, it doesnt help with FF in power...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

My experience of government bodies is that they tend to forget about projects shortly after launch, so they are rarely properly maintained. Of course, I can’t say that in this case, but it is likely to come down to a failing on an administrative level. Possibly there is no one actually in charge of maintaining the site or if there is they are not able to change those static portions (such as the page in question) without going via an outside company.

I would, however, ask that posters refrain from making wild accusations of corruption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

They'll surely respond to such a carefully crafted piece of writing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I would, however, ask that posters refrain from making wild accusations of corruption.
    Oh please, I never accused Comreg of being corrupt, I just said it was a possibility, these are two different things. As you said, comreg themselves probably have a third party maintaining their website, and red tape doesnt help things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Probably means more likely than unlikely. Just to be pedantic :)

In all seriousness though, it can be taken as an accusation, and I think boards has enough of that going around now without adding to itl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

My experience of government bodies is that they tend to forget about projects shortly after launch, so they are rarely properly maintained.

It is the same with every big company as well. People are always clammering to be involved in the next big thing it seems and they just drop everything else they are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Oh please, I never accused Comreg of being corrupt, I just said it was a possibility, these are two different things. As you said, comreg themselves probably have a third party maintaining their website, and red tape doesnt help things.
    You did - “probably corrupt” is not a suggestion of a possibility, as you’re now attempting to downplay, but a far stronger accusation that actually relegated to a possibility that they are not corrupt. Additionally, that they are prone to red tape (or not) is completely irrelevant to a question of corruption.

While I believe that Boards would be unlikely to be in any danger of libel proceedings from ComReg regardless of whatever wild accusations you or anyone else may conjure up, I would like to maintain a certain level of signal-to-noise ratio in discussions.

As such please adopt an approach of ‘fair comment’ when expressing such opinions - that is to say, if you’re pulling an accusation out of your ass without anything to back it up, then leave it there. Such accusations devalue, by association, those others that have actually been worked out and backed up by posters.

This is not limited to ComReg and is not negotiable.

Advertisement